GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Panzer Dragoon Orta"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Panzer Dragoon Orta'.
Sat 22/03/03 at 18:31
Regular
Beautiful-looking and brilliant game, but it's quite hard on Normal difficulty.

Is anyone else (who's got it) finding it tricky, or am I just a dragon-sized wuss?

I completed Episode 1 on my second try, but I've had the GAME OVER screen five times now on Episode 2.

Still, it's enjoyable and addictive, and there's loads of special extras to unlock.

Cool game.
Sat 22/03/03 at 18:31
Regular
Beautiful-looking and brilliant game, but it's quite hard on Normal difficulty.

Is anyone else (who's got it) finding it tricky, or am I just a dragon-sized wuss?

I completed Episode 1 on my second try, but I've had the GAME OVER screen five times now on Episode 2.

Still, it's enjoyable and addictive, and there's loads of special extras to unlock.

Cool game.
Sat 22/03/03 at 18:35
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
There is no denying that it looks spectacular, but I won’t be buying it myself. A friend of mine is so I will borrow it at some point…I just couldn’t see the gameplay justifying the £40.
Sat 22/03/03 at 18:41
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
I played the demo and wasn't at all impressed. The graphics were good but by far not the best I have seen and the gameplay has no real depth or replay value, that's what I found from the demo, the full version is quite possibly much better but I can't see how it can be that much better than the demo in terms of gameplay etc.
Sat 22/03/03 at 19:19
Regular
Personally, I like the pure'n'simple shoot'em'up gameplay.
Sometimes I just wanna play some retro-style, and PDO is just that, retro gameplay dressed up with flashy graphics.
But when you think about it, all gameplay is simplistic: get from A to B and do 'stuff' along the way.
Sat 22/03/03 at 19:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its really a case of learning to play it properly - can be confusing at first. It actually plays pretty similar to the game Rez.
The graphics and sound are excellent and when you get into it, you really start to see how excellent this game is. :-)

One of the best games on the X-Box in my opinion. Its great to see games like this during a time when we keep recieving lazy ports from lazy developers. Definatly a game thats right in the top 10 X-Box games available right now. :-)

As for my progress, I think I'm on the last level now. Its the Imperial City. Some of the bosses on this game are just superb.
Sat 22/03/03 at 19:34
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
English_Bloke wrote:
> There is no denying that it looks spectacular, but I won’t be buying
> it myself. A friend of mine is so I will borrow it at some point…I
> just couldn’t see the gameplay justifying the £40.

I agree with you, I went to get a few games today, Panzer Dragoon was one of them. But it just seems very repetitive and it's supposed to be very short. So I just got Tenchu 3 instead, class game.

And £45 for Resi 0? I don't think so.
Sat 22/03/03 at 19:35
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Its really a case of learning to play it properly - can be confusing
> at first. It actually plays pretty similar to the game Rez.

Yeah, I think I'm getting to grips with it now. Just completed Episode 2. Gorgeous graphics. :)
It does play a lot like Rez, and even though I'm only up the 3rd level, I can tell its quality and I really like it.
Sat 22/03/03 at 21:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
az_00_uk wrote:
> I played the demo and wasn't at all impressed. The graphics were good
> but by far not the best I have seen and the gameplay has no real depth
> or replay value, that's what I found from the demo, the full version
> is quite possibly much better but I can't see how it can be that much
> better than the demo in terms of gameplay etc.

Ditto. We have the same thoughts on the XBox (or some of its games at least). :)

I find the Resi series to be decidly moore open and fun than an on rails shooter. Moving from A-B. Resi has atmosphere, and you can run...where you want!

Sorry. I dislike on-rail games. They annoy me.
Sat 22/03/03 at 21:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hang on. Unless Lou Role meant he wouldn't pay that much for RZ.

Sorry.

:D

(damn fanboyish tendencies)
Sat 22/03/03 at 22:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Resi hasn't really got that much freedom at all. Its not like you can go anywhere you want, the routes are set out for you, you solve puzzles and pick up keys and unlock the next bunch of doors and stuff you're allowed through.

If Resi had a real freedom in it, you'd be able to run around Racoon City (or other location) and decide on what you want to do yourself and where you want to go. Of course you can run in and out of rooms you're allowed in, but lets face it, essentially you just want to move on and the only reason you end up going back to rooms is cause you think you might have missed something or you have to return to it to put an item in there.

Don't get me wrong though, the Resi series is great - but its not exactly known for its freedom. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.