GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Don't play with Radiation, Kids!""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/03/03 at 20:00
Regular
Radiation is great. Three-eyed fish, green-glowing monkeys, even flying rats! There's an endless supply of mutations waiting to happen with radiation, and I think it's about time it leaked into the video game industry.

So, instead of writing some dodgy post about how radiation WOULD affect Characters, I'm going to write about how radiation HAS affected gamers themselves. Yay, and all that.

So, radiation. Let's get down to business. Probably most famous for weapons (Namely Plutonium and Uranium grade) radiation has caused many a disaster/energy supply/three-eyed fish. So, if we are able to harness radiation to create power, or to use it to work out the age of fossils, why can't we evolve gamers with it?

Fairly obviously, the first mutation that was waiting to happen was an extra pair of hands. Imagine, these lucky people who decided to take a bath in Uranium get to play Metroid Prime, while simultaneously eating, or perhaps doing homework. However, there are a few complications, namely lack of eyes.

Which brings me to mutation number two. A new set of eyes. This means you could play Metroid Prime AND Metroid Fusion at the same time. Well, if your brain could handle it. So I guess that means an extra brain is needed, then.

See, radiation is fun. Take, for example, average Gamer Barry. Now, Barry here has quite a predicament. His shiny new Xbox has just arrived, and he wants to play Halo. Unfortunately for him though, his Mum says he has to do revision. So what does Barry do? Why, he decides it would be fun to play with Plutonium rods, of course!

After a week or so, Barry notices that he now has heat beams emanating from his eyes. Not helpful to his situation, but at least he can roast a chicken in a few seconds…

A month passes, and finally some results. A new pair of hands! Oh, the fun that could be had with these *cough*. Then, the eyes started to appear. "Just in time!" said Barry, as he switched his Xbox one, and whilst running around with an Assault rifle, he was also learning the tangents.

But it didn't stop there, no. Doing both tings at the same time was such a strain on Barry's simple mind. He couldn't cope with the high level of brainpower needed to supply both tasks. However, radiation saved the day once again, and he developed an Egg-shaped head, through swelling of the brain. Now he was super smart too!

Unfortunately, we visited Barry a year on, and he had become nothing more than a radioactive genius, too smart for this world. Pursuing greater tasks, more knowledge and a bigger version of Lord of the Rings, Barry built an inter-dimensional portal, capable of spanning both worlds. Unfortunately, he died of food Poisoning.

Shame, really.

Lesson learned: Never eat at BeefEater. Or play with radiation, for that matter.

Another crazy and totally irrelevant post was brought to you by:

Microchips.
Wed 26/03/03 at 18:41
Regular
"Brrrrr."
...let's give it up to gamma rays!
Wed 26/03/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
English_Bloke wrote:

> What was your attempt? So I can read it.

I didn't write anything...

It was an 'in-joke' which you won't get because you're not 'in!'

:c)

If you read some of the other threads you'll soon find who I doing an impersonation of...
Wed 26/03/03 at 07:52
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
phi11ip wrote:
> Why did this win?
>
> I spent 2 days solid writing my GAD attempt and THIS beat it!
>
> This is the biggest pile of.... moan moan moan moan moan moan moan
> moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan... it's all a fix, stupid
> thing!

What was your attempt? So I can read it.
Mon 24/03/03 at 18:11
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I don't get mad though, thats the thing!
Mon 24/03/03 at 18:02
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Phi11ip, you shouldn't write, "GAD Attempts" - you should
> write because you enjoy writing or have something you want to
> express.

And you post some of your blatant GAD fishing crap for the sake of self expression? And then get mad when you don't win?
Mon 24/03/03 at 17:57
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Nah I will have said it been sarcastic most likely. Of course you are gutted if you write something you're proud of and it doesn't win but it shouldnt be written for the sole intention of winning.
Mon 24/03/03 at 17:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Phi11ip, you shouldn't write, "GAD Attempts" - you should
> write because you enjoy writing or have something you want to
> express.

From the guy that sobbed his 5 hour post didnt win....
Mon 24/03/03 at 17:39
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Phi11ip, you shouldn't write, "GAD Attempts" - you should write because you enjoy writing or have something you want to express.

Well done Chipseh.
Mon 24/03/03 at 17:32
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Heh, indeed Phil. Just a little impersonation DG, it's not his real opinion. :D

Cheers SR! :D
Mon 24/03/03 at 15:34
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Yeah, but this was two days SOLID!

I spent 48 hours making sure every sentance was perfect and that it was funny to the highest extent!

I didn't sleep, eat, wash or go to the toilet!

It should have won, even if people thought it was complete crap...

MC Chips will see the true meaning behind those posts...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.