GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RIP - FOG"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/03/03 at 20:29
Regular
We are gathered here today to bid farewell to the Forum of Gaming as we know it. Or so it seems...

The forums have been dead for nigh on a week and it is a tradgedy.

The Ninty, Life and Movies forums are booming and less and less stuff is getting posted in good ol' FOG. Perhaps El Blokey finally got everyone to post things in the correct places or maybe Cookie Monster scared them away.

Whatever it is, it is bad.

*boos and hisses*
Mon 24/03/03 at 07:30
Regular
"^_^"
Hello, I am here. No demise of the forums with Parr about :P!
Mon 24/03/03 at 00:22
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Advantage of the minor demise of FOG is that other Special Reserve forums are getting more attention - Nintendo one is buzzing... not that there is anything that interesting being said in the majority of the posts. The Film/Books/TV/Music one has really gone downhill, it used to by by far my favourite now you're lucky if there is two or three readable posts there a day.

Anyway, while vaguely on the topic of forum migration, just made my first ever post in the game ideas forum after my imagination got a little carried away while walking the dog.
Sun 23/03/03 at 21:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The whole site used to be really good.

Old Ice Blaster and co. And people like that.

Then something odd happened.....not sure what.
Sun 23/03/03 at 20:53
Regular
"Festivus!"
SHEEPY wrote:
> It's your fault
>
> With your constant drivel

could you have been less vague?
Sun 23/03/03 at 20:46
Regular
FOG is crap.

And who insists on posting three topics here everyday?

It used to be soo good..
Sun 23/03/03 at 20:44
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Hush, puppy.
Sun 23/03/03 at 20:30
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It's your fault

With your constant drivel
Sun 23/03/03 at 20:05
Regular
"Festivus!"
FOG is crap.

Face it.
Sun 23/03/03 at 20:01
"possibly impossible"
I think that Prime does get a lot of reads, but a lot of people don't bother posting replies. If you want it to be busier then you have to have topics that cover burning issues, things which other people would be itching to talk about, or something that people are going to disagree with.

Prime isn't so much dead as in a different state than Chat, one where the replies don't matter as much as the original post.
Sun 23/03/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I want Chat and Prime to be good as they are multi-format, they are the only gaming forms I'd regularly check. However, I think they suffer because they are split. No one checks Prime because it gets practically no posts, apart fromt the odd long rant. Chat misses these types of posts that might actually merit some discussion but still gets all the volume. Granted, most of that volume is stupid posts from newbies with even more (and even worse) stupid replies by regulars who should know better. Fill it up with some discussion and it may give people something to post about rather than pointless "I@VE GOT BI THE SWER FILTERSS I ROCKCKCKS".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.