GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A lot to worry about..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/06/07 at 10:35
"possibly impossible"
There’s a lot to worry about in gaming at the moment. It’s enough to make you’re hair fall out and wrinkles appear on your face.

I’m worried that Sony won’t make the PS3 sell.
I’m worried that Microsoft won’t start fixing their 360 hardware.
I’m worried that my own 360 will break
I’m worried that the Wii will start to drop in sales.
I’m worried that the next GTA won’t be any good.
I’m worried that they’ll be another game ban
I’m worried about what the Daily Mail can actually achieve from brainwashing their readership.
I’m worried about the High Definition technology being superseded.
I’m worried about whether Blu-ray or HDDVD will be the main supported format in a few years time.
I’m worried that I’ll have enough shelf space for my games in a year’s time.
I’m worried that I’m being left behind in gaming while online game geeks ramp up their scores.
I’m worried that faceless corporate suits will harm gaming’s free thinking approach.

Most of all, I worry that there is a lot of things to worry about, but then I just turn on a games console and all my worries disappear…
Thu 28/06/07 at 10:22
Regular
I'm worried I already don't have enough shelf space for the games, consoles & computers... My Sinclair QL & Commodore 64 still sit in their boxes. :(

Otherwise, I get around to playing all the machines at some point during the month & still get value out of them all. I am not even contemplating getting a next-gen as the games are still far too pricey - even second hand. I have no desire to waste several hundred just to play one game - I don't care how good that game is, it still won't be much better than one or more of the games I already have. I can wait & I really couldn't care less if the bottom falls out of the market again: innovation is yesterday's market, today it's just cloning.
Thu 28/06/07 at 08:54
Regular
Its been about 8 months since release now ( I think I got mine in november ) and I could still sell it on ebay and make a profit. Shops are still fulfilling their back orders. Ha

Does anyone ever remember a situation like this with a console. I know the PSPs were pretty tough to get hold of but not this far after release. Think Saturns were rare at one point but I think that was only for a month or two.

Any Ideas
Wed 27/06/07 at 14:00
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I doubt the Wii is going to drop in sales, it's still hard to get hold of one about 6 months after its release date.
Wed 27/06/07 at 13:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Only things i'm worried about are Sony taking such a hit they don't come back to the console race next gen leaving us with Microsoft and Nintendo and games developers just releasing half a game and then giving us the rest of it in paid DLC.
Wed 27/06/07 at 13:26
Regular
I'm not sure whether I should be worried or not, but gaming has left me behind somewhat.

Football Manager on my PC, Pro Evo on the old PS2 and the occasional blast of Oblivion on my brother's 360 - that's how games have been for me for the past year or so.

Financially it's obviously a pain to upgrade. As a kid I somehow managed, with my brother and via pocket money or birthday and xmas wishlists, to get hold of almost every console on the market. I think we had a PlayStation, PS2, N64, Xbox and GameCube - plus the odd GameBoy. It was all we bought back then. Now I've got more money but a lot more to spend it on. As such, if I was to go "next-gen" the Wii is really the only viable option.

Appeal is also a problem. Games just aren't grabbing me like they used to. Especially these vast quantities of FPS that seem to crop up every week. Gears of War, Halo 2, etc, it all seems a bit soulless. The N64 was probably my favourite console - every game offered something different. Games need to be like that I think. It's such a broad medium, I want stuff to excite the imagination. From a now relatively removed perspective, looking in, should so much of the software look exactly the same?
Wed 27/06/07 at 13:01
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
pb wrote:
> Most of all, I worry that there is a lot of things to worry
> about, but then I just turn on a games console and all my
> worries disappear…

Except for the anticipation of 3 red lights, games freezing, your disc getting scratched, corrupt save data and disc read errors, presumably.

Maybe the next generation of consoles avoid discs altogether and just shove everything onto hard drive. Or maybe they'll develop a 'cartridge' format that's cheap to mass produce.
Wed 27/06/07 at 10:35
"possibly impossible"
There’s a lot to worry about in gaming at the moment. It’s enough to make you’re hair fall out and wrinkles appear on your face.

I’m worried that Sony won’t make the PS3 sell.
I’m worried that Microsoft won’t start fixing their 360 hardware.
I’m worried that my own 360 will break
I’m worried that the Wii will start to drop in sales.
I’m worried that the next GTA won’t be any good.
I’m worried that they’ll be another game ban
I’m worried about what the Daily Mail can actually achieve from brainwashing their readership.
I’m worried about the High Definition technology being superseded.
I’m worried about whether Blu-ray or HDDVD will be the main supported format in a few years time.
I’m worried that I’ll have enough shelf space for my games in a year’s time.
I’m worried that I’m being left behind in gaming while online game geeks ramp up their scores.
I’m worried that faceless corporate suits will harm gaming’s free thinking approach.

Most of all, I worry that there is a lot of things to worry about, but then I just turn on a games console and all my worries disappear…

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.