GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Black Ops Escalation PC/Xbox360 Review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call of Duty: Black Ops'.
Mon 20/06/11 at 17:07
Regular
The Black Ops Escalation DLC includes 4 new multi player competitive maps and a co-operative zombie map called Call of the Dead. This is usual layout for Activision DLC, you will not find anything that outside the ordinary here.

The competitive maps offer some new fluff to play with and are certainly as well designed as you will have come to expect. Some of the specific new features include lifts and closing giant doors, these add a new element to the games but not enough to make it game breaking or really even that more interesting.

The maps all cater to each type of play style including snipers which is a good twist on the norm. Each map has its own unique art style for example Zoo is a run down zoo with a monorail. There are no animals to speak of which is a disappointed. I think they missed a trick here.

Other maps include Stockpile, Hotel and Convoy. Neither really standing out too much. If I had to pick one of the new maps to have it would be Convoy. The art design is something a bit different and some of the gunfights I found my self in were very enjoyable due to the varying engagement distances available.

The best part of the DLC though for me at least was certainly the zombie co-operative map call of the dead, It really felt different to the usual zombie maps. I found my self playing this over and over again.

The map is larger than usual zombie maps and far more complex than what you would normally come to expect. Getting lost multiple times is a good show on how big this map is, which really kept things tense being unable to predict where enemies would be coming from next.

The characters you can play as are Robert 'Freddy Krueger' Englund, Sarah Michelle 'Buffy' Gellar, Danny 'Machete' Trejo, and Michael 'Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer' Rooker. The voice acting is high quality and really sets the scene, can't quite put my finger on it but it just works really well.

PC gamers may want to avoid this DLC as you can expect very few players actually playing the new content. Just 3 weeks after release it can be quite a wait for players for zombie map and there is a severe lack of servers running the escalation maps.

To sum up, this is nothing all that new and still very much overpriced for content provided. The zombie map is defiantly a step forward but if that is not your thing your not getting any value of money.

7/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 20/06/11 at 17:07
Regular
The Black Ops Escalation DLC includes 4 new multi player competitive maps and a co-operative zombie map called Call of the Dead. This is usual layout for Activision DLC, you will not find anything that outside the ordinary here.

The competitive maps offer some new fluff to play with and are certainly as well designed as you will have come to expect. Some of the specific new features include lifts and closing giant doors, these add a new element to the games but not enough to make it game breaking or really even that more interesting.

The maps all cater to each type of play style including snipers which is a good twist on the norm. Each map has its own unique art style for example Zoo is a run down zoo with a monorail. There are no animals to speak of which is a disappointed. I think they missed a trick here.

Other maps include Stockpile, Hotel and Convoy. Neither really standing out too much. If I had to pick one of the new maps to have it would be Convoy. The art design is something a bit different and some of the gunfights I found my self in were very enjoyable due to the varying engagement distances available.

The best part of the DLC though for me at least was certainly the zombie co-operative map call of the dead, It really felt different to the usual zombie maps. I found my self playing this over and over again.

The map is larger than usual zombie maps and far more complex than what you would normally come to expect. Getting lost multiple times is a good show on how big this map is, which really kept things tense being unable to predict where enemies would be coming from next.

The characters you can play as are Robert 'Freddy Krueger' Englund, Sarah Michelle 'Buffy' Gellar, Danny 'Machete' Trejo, and Michael 'Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer' Rooker. The voice acting is high quality and really sets the scene, can't quite put my finger on it but it just works really well.

PC gamers may want to avoid this DLC as you can expect very few players actually playing the new content. Just 3 weeks after release it can be quite a wait for players for zombie map and there is a severe lack of servers running the escalation maps.

To sum up, this is nothing all that new and still very much overpriced for content provided. The zombie map is defiantly a step forward but if that is not your thing your not getting any value of money.

7/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.