GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CONSOLE WARS:- Atari Pong Vs "Next Gen""

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/12/01 at 15:41
Regular
The specs on paper do tend to lean towards the "Next Generation" console being the more powerful than the Atari, but they have made this up in may ways, Atari were the first of the bunch to use analogue controllers, they have not opted for any strange medium like a mini DVD or cartridge, and haven't gone for CD's/DVD that can be copied, instead they have opted for a switch, to choose from the 10 available games, which don't cost anything.

Looking at these consoles, and having played on them I conclude that the Atari pong is the best console around, it may not be powerful, it may not have more textures and colours than you can shake a stick at, in fact it has little more than a bat and a ball (wot is square).

So what makes a console good? well I believe that it has little to do with its stats (36-28-34 would be good) but more the playability of the games on them and an individuals taste. You can have the processing power of a small alien planet and still the games could still be pants.

I couldn't care less about what my console can do on paper, I just care about if I enjoy the games I play on them, and these enjoyable games include PONG.

I conclude that arguing about which console is better is much like arguing about which car is faster when you have no fuel to put in them.

Buy which ever console you want, just make sure its one that has the games you'll enjoy.

This has been a public service announcement, I accept no responsibility for you making you own decisions.
Wed 15/06/11 at 10:15
Regular
Neither can I, and i need to start training for next years Sam Houghton Challenge :)
Mon 13/06/11 at 22:27
Regular
Unfortunately I can't make it, Baby sitting duties - have a good one, see you sunday SI
Mon 13/06/11 at 20:45
Evenin.......

We're looking at doing the West Pennines on Wednesday.

Meet at the Hare & Hounds at 17:45 - route to be decided.

Next week we may do Longridge or Rivington depending on ground conditions :)

PK
Fri 14/12/01 at 16:42
Regular
i just went on www.b**-*.com (Resis tagline, but if i post the full name they'll just delete it), and man i'm going to be sick..
Fri 14/12/01 at 16:40
Regular
"Back For Good"
oh i see what your getting at now, i agree but I'm not going outside now, it's dark :-(
Fri 14/12/01 at 16:05
Regular
"Tag as above"
ResÆvilfan wrote:
> Somebody made Pong on the PS1 and it did "pong"

Thats not the point and you know it.

deface my argument, take yourself out side and give yourself a good telling off for me.
Fri 14/12/01 at 16:03
Regular
"Back For Good"
Somebody made Pong on the PS1 and it did "pong"
Fri 14/12/01 at 15:41
Regular
"Tag as above"
The specs on paper do tend to lean towards the "Next Generation" console being the more powerful than the Atari, but they have made this up in may ways, Atari were the first of the bunch to use analogue controllers, they have not opted for any strange medium like a mini DVD or cartridge, and haven't gone for CD's/DVD that can be copied, instead they have opted for a switch, to choose from the 10 available games, which don't cost anything.

Looking at these consoles, and having played on them I conclude that the Atari pong is the best console around, it may not be powerful, it may not have more textures and colours than you can shake a stick at, in fact it has little more than a bat and a ball (wot is square).

So what makes a console good? well I believe that it has little to do with its stats (36-28-34 would be good) but more the playability of the games on them and an individuals taste. You can have the processing power of a small alien planet and still the games could still be pants.

I couldn't care less about what my console can do on paper, I just care about if I enjoy the games I play on them, and these enjoyable games include PONG.

I conclude that arguing about which console is better is much like arguing about which car is faster when you have no fuel to put in them.

Buy which ever console you want, just make sure its one that has the games you'll enjoy.

This has been a public service announcement, I accept no responsibility for you making you own decisions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.