GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No more N64 games"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/12/01 at 13:28
Regular
Well what a shame, now that the GAMECUBE has come out there are no more N64 games being released. IS anyone else upset about this? Who thinks they should carry on making N64 games?
Sun 23/12/01 at 23:26
i do like n64 well i tell you this i hope gamecube will kick everyones ass's (ps2 xbox & the rest of them ) he he he
Sun 23/12/01 at 11:53
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think what they could do in the future is create 'Classic Discs', and on each disc you would find 1 or more N64 games, just like they were on the N64! This would be a good idea for people who want to relive the classics, and for people who always wanted certain games, but never got them.

Imagine a 'Rare' disc....featuring Perfect Dark, Goldeneye and Conker's BadFurDay!!! WHAT A BARGAIN!!! I think that the Cube's 8cm discs would be able to hold so much information on just one of them! As they are sevral times greater in capacity, than the N64 cartridges. But you may need a memoy card adaptor, so you could use old N64 memory cards, if you wanted to. The controller's aren't a lot different and therefore nothing would really be missing to stop you enjoying the games, like before!

A good idea, or a good idea???
Thu 20/12/01 at 23:16
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
maybe they should relise a device which make the n64 games backwards compatable with the gc, that would be nice.
Thu 20/12/01 at 15:58
Regular
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> Strafex wrote:
The multiplayer in Perfect Dark suffered serious slowdown with
> lots of players and simulants...

Mine was alright. Did you have an expansion
> pack?

Yes, I have an expansion pack.

Play a 4 player game with 4 simulants and you'll atleast notice it.
It's even noticable with 2 players and 4 sims.

It works fine with 4 players and no sims or 1 player and 8 sims but try putting them together and the game becomes unplayable.

It's not Rare's fault. They more or less got the best out of the 5 year old system.
Thu 20/12/01 at 13:09
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Money, money, money.
It's not funny,
In a rich man's world.

If publishers thought that they could make money from N64 games, they'd still be in development. The platform is no longer commercially viable. That's the only reason there's no more games. Which, while it may be a shame, happens to all consoles. Deal with it.
Wed 19/12/01 at 20:38
I think they could have made a few more.
Wed 19/12/01 at 17:29
Regular
Other develpers could make games if they wanted but Nintendo wont as they are making GameCube games.
Wed 19/12/01 at 13:23
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Strafex wrote:
The multiplayer in Perfect Dark suffered serious slowdown with lots of players and simulants...

Mine was alright. Did you have an expansion pack?
Wed 19/12/01 at 12:19
In the US, a Powerpuff Girls beat em up game is being released soon and also, a rent-only game called Razor Scooter. You never know, they may arrive over here although its highly unlikely!
Tue 18/12/01 at 22:52
i do wish that n64 should still run and made some more games : like snooker64 :darts :and more games

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.