GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yakuza 4"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Yakuza 4'.
Sun 05/06/11 at 13:19
Regular
If you've never played the yakuza series, you'd be forgiven for thinking it's just the japanese equivalent to the GTA series but look a little deeper than that and you'll see that it's much more than just another sandbox crime romp.

In this installment you get to play as four different protagonists (including series regular Kazuma Kiryu) each with their own troubles and story who get drawn together by one central element, a mysterious woman on a mission to find her brother, it's a pretty complex plot but it rarely ever gets dull.

The four protagonists you play as all come from very different walks of life and each have their own unique fighting styles which ensure that fighting never gets boring, each has their own side missions to complete once you're finished with the story too adding all important replay value.

The game world is unfortunately quite small but this is redeemed by the fact that it's absolutely packed with minigames and other things to do, the streets bustle with people going about their daily business and it all feels very lifelike, the graphics are nothing special but that's not what Yakuza is all about, you'll be too busy smashing thugs up to really care.

Combat has always been a core part of the series, violent and simple, you execute attacks to fill up your heat bar and unleash a truly outrageous finishing move whenever the on screen prompt is displayed, some of the nastier moves require you to press certain buttons to carry on the attack and levelling up will give you access to various other attacks and will increase your health and heat bar.

Yakuza 4 certainly has it's flaws and won't be everyone's cup of tea but it's an enjoyable and solid game, consider renting it first.
Sat 10/09/11 at 18:43
Regular
I have to admit what i've seen of it looks good, I see no reason why it shouldn't be released over here, but since PS3 games are region free you could always order it online
Fri 09/09/11 at 00:59
Regular
"Die Potato!!!"
ive played them all apart from yakuza 4 so im really looking forward to grabbing a copy, hopefully yakuza of the end gets released in the uk otherwise i'll cry like a baby.
Sun 05/06/11 at 13:19
Regular
If you've never played the yakuza series, you'd be forgiven for thinking it's just the japanese equivalent to the GTA series but look a little deeper than that and you'll see that it's much more than just another sandbox crime romp.

In this installment you get to play as four different protagonists (including series regular Kazuma Kiryu) each with their own troubles and story who get drawn together by one central element, a mysterious woman on a mission to find her brother, it's a pretty complex plot but it rarely ever gets dull.

The four protagonists you play as all come from very different walks of life and each have their own unique fighting styles which ensure that fighting never gets boring, each has their own side missions to complete once you're finished with the story too adding all important replay value.

The game world is unfortunately quite small but this is redeemed by the fact that it's absolutely packed with minigames and other things to do, the streets bustle with people going about their daily business and it all feels very lifelike, the graphics are nothing special but that's not what Yakuza is all about, you'll be too busy smashing thugs up to really care.

Combat has always been a core part of the series, violent and simple, you execute attacks to fill up your heat bar and unleash a truly outrageous finishing move whenever the on screen prompt is displayed, some of the nastier moves require you to press certain buttons to carry on the attack and levelling up will give you access to various other attacks and will increase your health and heat bar.

Yakuza 4 certainly has it's flaws and won't be everyone's cup of tea but it's an enjoyable and solid game, consider renting it first.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.