GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Terraria [PC]"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Terraria'.
Mon 30/05/11 at 23:18
Regular
Terraria is an interesting Adventure, Indie, Action, RPG. Looking at it first you may think 2d Minecraft clone but... you would be wrong.

This game holds its own well and while it does seem to borrow a lot of Minecraft's concepts it really does not feel that way as you play it.

While playing Terraria I never thought of Minecraft but the next time I played Minecraft I was totally thinking of Terraria. Having just fallen down a hole then expecting my trusty grapple hook to take me out, I realised I was not in Terraria. Great moments like this make games for me.

You may be surprised to discover that the 2d sprite you control has a good amount of customisation from full colour wheel to numerous wicked hair styles. Once your armour is on everyone looks the same but it is still a very nice touch to have.

In Terraria you can expect to dig, mine, build, explore, battle and slay bosses. The action is constant and compelling and early on can be quite overwhelming, as you are bombarded by slimes your first real enemy. Once you have found a moment of safety to learn the basic craft system you will soon be building your first shelter and preparing to explore your expansive unique world. Your options are vast with up, down, left and right to explore. Yes up! You can find floating islands in the sky to explore.

As you develop in Terraria you can find your self surrounded by NPC who can move into your spare rooms, they will offer all sorts of assistance from healing to your typical merchant buying your unwanted slime gel.

Your arsenal at first consists of wooden tools but as you explore you can find and craft anything from Ray Guns to Light Sabers. The way the exploration system rewards you is very satisfying, you can come back from a major boss fights wielding new armour or you may come back from a deep underground mining operation with a new weapon having found a chest in a cave.

I really enjoyed my time in Terraria and put over 24 hours into playing it and for just £5.99 I can not find fault with it. I look forward to seeing where this game develops to next.

9/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 30/05/11 at 23:18
Regular
Terraria is an interesting Adventure, Indie, Action, RPG. Looking at it first you may think 2d Minecraft clone but... you would be wrong.

This game holds its own well and while it does seem to borrow a lot of Minecraft's concepts it really does not feel that way as you play it.

While playing Terraria I never thought of Minecraft but the next time I played Minecraft I was totally thinking of Terraria. Having just fallen down a hole then expecting my trusty grapple hook to take me out, I realised I was not in Terraria. Great moments like this make games for me.

You may be surprised to discover that the 2d sprite you control has a good amount of customisation from full colour wheel to numerous wicked hair styles. Once your armour is on everyone looks the same but it is still a very nice touch to have.

In Terraria you can expect to dig, mine, build, explore, battle and slay bosses. The action is constant and compelling and early on can be quite overwhelming, as you are bombarded by slimes your first real enemy. Once you have found a moment of safety to learn the basic craft system you will soon be building your first shelter and preparing to explore your expansive unique world. Your options are vast with up, down, left and right to explore. Yes up! You can find floating islands in the sky to explore.

As you develop in Terraria you can find your self surrounded by NPC who can move into your spare rooms, they will offer all sorts of assistance from healing to your typical merchant buying your unwanted slime gel.

Your arsenal at first consists of wooden tools but as you explore you can find and craft anything from Ray Guns to Light Sabers. The way the exploration system rewards you is very satisfying, you can come back from a major boss fights wielding new armour or you may come back from a deep underground mining operation with a new weapon having found a chest in a cave.

I really enjoyed my time in Terraria and put over 24 hours into playing it and for just £5.99 I can not find fault with it. I look forward to seeing where this game develops to next.

9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.