GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation as far as the eye can see."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/12/01 at 10:07
Regular
Yesterday I went in to cheltenham for a bit of late night shopping. I visited Eb and found that all I could see is PS 0ne/two games. Asking the bloke behind the counter where the Dreamcast and N64 games were he pointed to the bargain bin. Nintendo wise they only WWF games for a £30 a time. But they did have house of the Dead 2 on the dreamcast which I bought.
Are these console already being chucked out of the shops for want of something better or did I just pick a crap shop? What are the selection of the older games consoles and their games like near you?
Sun 16/12/01 at 05:22
They shipped all of our DC and N64 games away. The only place I can buy them at is in the flea market.
Sat 15/12/01 at 14:12
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
There aren't any N64 games in my local shops, but France is absolutely bursting with them!
Fri 14/12/01 at 23:56
"High polygon count"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> Hardcore gamers are brainy and get there games cheap (from SR).

That makes you a "Casual Gamer" then, right?
Fri 14/12/01 at 21:35
Regular
"Digging!"
it all depeneds on what shop you go in.
Fri 14/12/01 at 18:37
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
To be honest, if they're still charging £50 for Perfect Dark (which I still see from time to time in EB and Game among other places) then I couldn't care less if the games/consoles are dissapearing off the shelves.

It's a joke.

They'd make a fortune if they charged reasonably, as the N64 is a good console for people who can't afford £200 + for a PS2 and games.
Fri 14/12/01 at 17:50
its true, shops are getting rid of N64 and dreamcast games. go back to the shop and get the difference for house of the dead 2 refunded
Fri 14/12/01 at 10:39
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> Highstreet stores HAVE to appeal to the mainstream because they're in the
> publics eye. Therfore they have to be 'cool' to bring all the casuals in.
> Mainstream gamers havePlaystation and are stupid. Thats why EB has high prices.
> Hardcore gamers are brainy and get there games cheap (from SR).

lol@USGamer2002 ... thats funny man :)
Fri 14/12/01 at 10:17
Regular
"I confused?"
In Eb i bought houyse of the dead 2 with a sticker on saying can't be beaten in price. Within 20 minutes I had found it cheaper else where twice!
Fri 14/12/01 at 10:14
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Highstreet stores HAVE to appeal to the mainstream because they're in the publics eye. Therfore they have to be 'cool' to bring all the casuals in. Mainstream gamers havePlaystation and are stupid. Thats why EB has high prices. Hardcore gamers are brainy and get there games cheap (from SR).
Fri 14/12/01 at 10:12
Regular
"I confused?"
I also asked in HMV and they told me that there stock of Dreamcast games had been moved to Gatwick, I ask for a cab there but their company wouldn't have paid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.