GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ain't GBA cool?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/12/01 at 21:02
Regular
I think that all of you will agree that the Game Boy Advance has equalled, if not toppled, Nintendo and the public's expectations of it. Apart from having a few games that are blatant cash-ins of older NES or SNES games, the GBA has proved to be the best console around. Selling more than any other console in the past, it's given us excellent gameplay and 32 bit graphics whenever and wherever we want them, and even offers four player games.

But it won't stop there, because the possibilities for the GBA are almost endless. Isometric games are possible (as Spyro: Seasons of Ice has proved) and even first person shoot-em-ups have been developed (stand up, Doom and Ecks vs Sever). So what new surprises can the GBA possibly throw at us now?

And that's the basis for the following discussion topic. What kind of games would you like to see on the GBA? What characters, who previously were confined to home consoles, do you want to see? Tell me.
Thu 13/12/01 at 21:02
Regular
"Remember me?"
I think that all of you will agree that the Game Boy Advance has equalled, if not toppled, Nintendo and the public's expectations of it. Apart from having a few games that are blatant cash-ins of older NES or SNES games, the GBA has proved to be the best console around. Selling more than any other console in the past, it's given us excellent gameplay and 32 bit graphics whenever and wherever we want them, and even offers four player games.

But it won't stop there, because the possibilities for the GBA are almost endless. Isometric games are possible (as Spyro: Seasons of Ice has proved) and even first person shoot-em-ups have been developed (stand up, Doom and Ecks vs Sever). So what new surprises can the GBA possibly throw at us now?

And that's the basis for the following discussion topic. What kind of games would you like to see on the GBA? What characters, who previously were confined to home consoles, do you want to see? Tell me.
Thu 13/12/01 at 21:07
Regular
explain what you mean by isometric games
Thu 13/12/01 at 21:14
Regular
"Remember me?"
What do you mean you don't know what isometric games are???

Have you ever played Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island on the SEGA Mega Drive? That's isometric.

Isometric games take a isometric viewpoint (obviously!!) which is an almost 3D viewpoint taken from a kind of angled bird's eye view.

See Sonic 3D and Spyro: Seasons of Ice, because looking at them will explain it to you a whole lot better than I can!
Thu 13/12/01 at 21:16
Regular
I know what you mean now

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.