GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who is the best in morrowind?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind'.
Sun 23/03/03 at 14:48
Regular
i bought morrowind a couple of hours ago and havent played it yet because i dont know who is the best character to pick?

thanx
Sun 30/03/03 at 13:12
Regular
Try using the game so you can actually see what you're supposed to do,oh yeah MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND,and it helps if you see what to do...
Sat 29/03/03 at 15:35
Regular
"Unretired"
NOTORIOUS JCP wrote:
> i bought morrowind a couple of hours ago and havent played it yet
> because i dont know who is the best character to pick?

In morrowind you dont 'pick' a character as such, you craft your own from a set guide of races, classes, birthsigns and such.

Basically there are three main types of characters you can craft:

Thief
Mage
Fighter

They are the main aspects, but you can have mixtures from all three, and in game there are no boundries. You could be a theiving heavy armor wearing mage if you wanted, all it takes is training, either by yourself or paying a trainer.

After you have created your character you can either follow the main quest, explore and do whatever you want in the world, or you can join factions and great houses.

Its best to join a great house, as you advance to the top of the ranks you can have your own stronghold built for you where you can keep all your items and sleep! plus it will have its own services!

I would advise this,
If your a Thief/Rogue/Archer type Character join the great house hlaalu
If your a fighter/heavy warrior type character join the great house redoran
If your a Mage/Sorceress/Healer/Alchemist/Enchanter type character join the great house telvanni.

By the way you can only join one great house and after you have chosen you may not change your mind afterwards.

Alternatively when you are at a farily decent level, you could get infected by vampirism and become a vampire and work for the three vampire factions.
Tue 25/03/03 at 21:20
Regular
"smile, it's free"
When someone asks about which character is the best, they are always told to choose whatever they want. Good advice, but not helpful advice.

The easiest type of character to play the game with is a fighter. Tghis is because much of the game is combat oriented, and most of the challenge comes from being able to overcome tough creatures.

The strongest fighter will be either Orc/Redguard/Nord as your race, and something like Barbarian/Knight as your class. Any class with Long blade and Heavy Armour as major skills is very powerful, as these are the best types of weapon and armour to use. The strongest birth sign is 'The Lady', purely because the +25 endurance bonus means your healh will start much higher and increase much faster than normal.

If you want a powerful character, that's what you to go for.
Sun 23/03/03 at 19:51
Regular
I'm a wood elf.

Wood elfs are cool.
Sun 23/03/03 at 19:21
"Tagline"
I think the Imperial men are the best. They have an army which you can join and own territory.
Sun 23/03/03 at 14:51
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
There is no best character.

There are characters with different strengths and weaknesses dependant on how you want to play the game. It can be altered by your birth sign and partially by character class as well, giving further strengths and weaknesses.

Look at the options, pick those that you'd think would best fit you. If after a bit you decide they don't, start again with a new character.

I reinstalled it last night and accidently deleted all my save games. Had to start all over.
Sun 23/03/03 at 14:48
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
i bought morrowind a couple of hours ago and havent played it yet because i dont know who is the best character to pick?

thanx

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.