GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Leaked Dixons memo reveals major error..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/03/03 at 17:47
Regular
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Re: Gamecube Memo 19/03/03

Last week a memo was circulated to all stores under the Dixons Group Company, in which it stated that we would no longer be participating in selling Gamecube hardware, software and accessories in any of the Dixons Group Stores. Many branch managers appear to have taken it upon themselves to start selling off old stock under reduced prices, with a view to clearing stock. DON’T. We will not be ending Gamecube stocks. There has been a serious misunderstanding – prior to this I sent out a VERY passionate plea to try and drive Gamecube sales, in response to a meeting with Nintendo of Europe officials, but due to a keyboarding administrative error it was taken…how shall I put this… the ‘wrong’ way. Below is the troublesome piece of text…

(Original Gamecube Memo dated 10/03/03)

“I want to make it perfectly clear that upcoming game.. of the calibre of the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, F-Zero, Wario World, and Pikmin 2 in all quarter.., 2003-4 aren’t the type of game to be ..hit, and management know.. it! If we can alter our approach a little bit, we can ..end the Gamecube.. target.. and all our plan.. for it flying! I hope you all know what I’m making clear – take the appropriate action…”

The problematic error was in fact a problem with our keyboard the ‘s’ button wasn’t working, and as a result changed the direction of the memo quite dramatically. I’ve included some dotted lines to show where the ‘s’ should have been - add an ‘s’ on the doted line and you can see my declaration of intent was quite different. I understand this puts many of you in a difficult position and the situation is being rectified immediately. I am taking steps internally to ensure our current secretary and distributor of communication, the 84 year old Miss Lucy Plot, is replaced with a younger person who is more ‘in tune’ with the English language. I’m afraid that the gung-ho approaches of many managers will see your behavoiur reviewed, but I urge you to remember that Miss Plot has given us forty years of service so please restrict your vitriol to attacks on her professional conduct – no ageism.

Apologies for any inconvience caused. I have issued a statement declaring the strength of our relationship with Nintendo as a face-saving exercise, but fear we may have to continue this course of action to avoid share troubles. Further instructions will be issued as and when our course of action is decided.

Yours sincerely,

Sir Stanley Kalms
President of Dixons Group PLC

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mon 24/03/03 at 09:27
"For the horde!!!!"
:(
Mon 24/03/03 at 08:45
Regular
"past,present&future"
RM18 wrote:
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> - -
>
> Re: Gamecube Memo 19/03/03
>
>...'aren't the type of game to be s**t',

I'm sure that's exactly how they write high level internal memos.

V
Mon 24/03/03 at 02:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I get the joke. Must have been hard working it out.. but its worth it. Good post.
Sun 23/03/03 at 20:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
No, they were 'giving it one final chance' - to sell, most probably.

And it's doing just that.
Sun 23/03/03 at 20:34
Regular
"where's my tag?"
So Dixon has infact murdered the Gamecube? Very sad.
Sun 23/03/03 at 20:06
Regular
"  "
See that big piece of text at the top of the page. That's the joke.
Sun 23/03/03 at 20:05
Regular
"where's my tag?"
What's the joke?
Sun 23/03/03 at 19:28
Regular
"  "
Heh, that's very funny and clever :D
Sun 23/03/03 at 19:01
Regular
RM18 wrote:
> (I posted previously in Prime to next to no response - I thought I
> better point it out before some pedantic wise guy did...)

Damn, you got there before me.... I really was going to point it out...
Sun 23/03/03 at 18:36
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
RM18 wrote:
> (I posted previously in Prime to next to no response - I thought I
> better point it out before some pedantic wise guy did...)

Yet rather than post a link you thought you'd try again for a GAD?

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.