GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Its quantity not quality!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/12/01 at 19:20
Regular
hey, shortass here. I haven't been intouch with gaming recently, but still i see big game companys turning out new systems with that lil bit faster ram and bit faster doowacky, but still they forget its the games that count! The only console to the smart thing (PS2), have signed the software writers to PS2 only, which will produce quality games over and over, where as the X-Box etc have just decided to go with the speed and high tech gismos, when they forget, its all about the games!! The console is only there to connect us to the games, so therefore shouldn't be better than the games themselves!! PS2 is a good console, but the games rip the p*ss out of it, which is good!! So in the land where a pizza gets to your house faster than an ambulance does (America), hopefully microsoft will produce good games, not some platinum plated piece of s***! Thank you for your time...
Fri 14/12/01 at 10:59
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
> Small_Frog wrote:
> Funny, isn't it that all these games eventually come out
> on the PC anyway? It's
> almost not worth keeping up with all the
> consoles...

I've been saying that for a LONG time. There seem to be no
> unique titles on PS.

-----

I don't know about that. Surely there are more unique games on the PS than any other system, it's just that there are hundreds and hundreds of games that arn't unique, and it's those that get the attention.
Games like Parappa, Bishi Bashi, Vib ribbon, guitar freaks.
These games are examples of games that are unique in the way they play.
If you mean games that are 'unique' - as in only available on PS, then what about tekken, syphon filter etc. etc.
There are so many unique games it's impossible to mention them all.
Fri 14/12/01 at 10:23
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
you still have to keep upgrading your pc though which can be
> more expensive plus games take an extra 3 months or so to be released (in
> general)

Or several months in advance?
(Half-Life, Quake, Castle Wolfenstein, Max Payne, Black and White, etc...)
Fri 14/12/01 at 10:03
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
but the graphics are improved
Fri 14/12/01 at 10:01
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Small_Frog wrote:
> Funny, isn't it that all these games eventually come out on the PC anyway? It's
> almost not worth keeping up with all the consoles...

you still have to keep upgrading your pc though which can be more expensive plus games take an extra 3 months or so to be released (in general)
Fri 14/12/01 at 09:58
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Small_Frog wrote:
> Funny, isn't it that all these games eventually come out on the PC anyway? It's
> almost not worth keeping up with all the consoles...

I've been saying that for a LONG time. There seem to be no unique titles on PS.
Fri 14/12/01 at 09:55
Regular
The PS2 is all about Quality not quantity?

What ajoke!

Remember it's release? Rushed production to release on time....many PS2's were faulty then!
Thu 13/12/01 at 19:24
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Funny, isn't it that all these games eventually come out on the PC anyway? It's almost not worth keeping up with all the consoles...
Thu 13/12/01 at 19:20
hey, shortass here. I haven't been intouch with gaming recently, but still i see big game companys turning out new systems with that lil bit faster ram and bit faster doowacky, but still they forget its the games that count! The only console to the smart thing (PS2), have signed the software writers to PS2 only, which will produce quality games over and over, where as the X-Box etc have just decided to go with the speed and high tech gismos, when they forget, its all about the games!! The console is only there to connect us to the games, so therefore shouldn't be better than the games themselves!! PS2 is a good console, but the games rip the p*ss out of it, which is good!! So in the land where a pizza gets to your house faster than an ambulance does (America), hopefully microsoft will produce good games, not some platinum plated piece of s***! Thank you for your time...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.