GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stoopid pc!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/03/03 at 22:01
Regular
My pc is being so annoying tonight and i wondered whether it was just having a random bad night or if i could fix some of the weird probs i'm having. Ok for starters it won't go down a line when i press return. Before it wouldn't type any letters except the oens with the funny accents above them but this has now stopped. Whenever i scroll down using the scroller thingy inbetween the buttons on the mouse it changes the text size in the internet explorer. If i scroll down it goes super tiny and if i scroll up it goes massive. Thanks for any help you may be able to give:)
Mon 24/03/03 at 19:50
Thanks everyone i just turned it off seems ok now but i'll bear the kicking thing in mind;)

I wasn't pressing the ctrl key but i never knew you could do that:)
Sun 23/03/03 at 23:38
Regular
"oaps.org"
then take your finger off the CTRL key whilst scrolling
Sun 23/03/03 at 23:02
"Uzi Lover"
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> Kick it

That's what I always say.

Suprisingly it works on my PC when it's make a loud humming noise. You jsut kick the side of it, hard, and it shuts up. If a friend is sitting here I say "Give it a kick" and they boot it for me.

I've discovered a less brutal way to shut it up though. I push the front panel in a bit more with my hand and it works better then the kick.

Kick my friends PC and it shuts down. Thats funny.
Sun 23/03/03 at 23:00
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Just rebooted....

Super faaaaaaaaaast!
Sun 23/03/03 at 22:57
"slightlyshortertagl"
Kick it
Sun 23/03/03 at 22:53
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Yeah, just reboot...

Mine's going really slow and annoying and crappy...

After a reboot though it's like it's brand new!
Sun 23/03/03 at 22:04
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
It sounds to me like your pc is doing its very best to drive you insane! I had that text problem when scrolling before and it remedied itself after I rebooted. As for the other problems, I've never come across them so I can't help there.
Sun 23/03/03 at 22:02
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Re-install your keyboard.
Sun 23/03/03 at 22:01
My pc is being so annoying tonight and i wondered whether it was just having a random bad night or if i could fix some of the weird probs i'm having. Ok for starters it won't go down a line when i press return. Before it wouldn't type any letters except the oens with the funny accents above them but this has now stopped. Whenever i scroll down using the scroller thingy inbetween the buttons on the mouse it changes the text size in the internet explorer. If i scroll down it goes super tiny and if i scroll up it goes massive. Thanks for any help you may be able to give:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.