GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT4?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/12/01 at 17:27
Regular
Is there any news on if GT4 will be coming for PS2. I hope Xbox don't get the next edition if it does because as most of us know, PS2 rocks!

GT3 was fantastic and I want to know if GT4's coming out.

Anyone got an idea?
Thu 13/12/01 at 17:27
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Is there any news on if GT4 will be coming for PS2. I hope Xbox don't get the next edition if it does because as most of us know, PS2 rocks!

GT3 was fantastic and I want to know if GT4's coming out.

Anyone got an idea?
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:03
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Last I knew it was all still very much rumours. Not sure how the current situation stands, but I wouldn't bet against Xbox getting it in some form, although I doubt it'll be an exclusive.

(then again, it would appear Microsoft are willing to invest a lot to secure as many exclusives as possible!)
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:09
Regular
I doubt it as i am sure I read somewhere that the company who made GT3, Polyphony is in someway owed by Sony.

What features would you like to see in GT4.
Thu 13/12/01 at 19:10
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im sure Polyphony Digital has already turned down the chance to develop for X-Box!!

GT 4 - I want to see more weather effects throughout and fully destuctable cars!!
Thu 13/12/01 at 19:11
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Possibly, but when money comes into it things may change. Xbox would love to aquire GT4, and decisions in the games industry these days are easily changed.
Thu 13/12/01 at 19:27
Regular
"Back For Good"
GT4 is apprantly called GT:Network and is fully online, I've got a special edition DVD from the offical PS2 magazine and it has interviews with the producer and staff. He also said GT3 was the last version of the series to be stand-alone but GT:concept is on the way so some things have changed ;-)

GT4's gona be awsome!!!!!
Thu 13/12/01 at 20:21
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I've seen GT: Concept...it looks mad! (as in great)
It's got futuristic looking concept cars.
Is this GT4? Hope not. I want GT4 to have concept cars plus more, as well as car damage and a storyline.

Imagine GT4 with a storyline.
Thu 13/12/01 at 20:28
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
You know, GT4 was originally going to be called GT3, and the current GT3 was going to be called GT2000.

The reason? Well, the creator, in his own words, didn't think the game was as much a sequal as it was an update of the last game... and who could disagree.

However, Sony then stepped in, and then TOLD the developers to change the name to GT3 to make it sound like a true sequal... which, but the creators own words, it isn't!

Luckily, Sony didn't have the power to do the same with Tekken Tag Tournament (which was a quick laucnh title to make before Namco went on to make Tekken 4).

Sonic
Fri 14/12/01 at 10:28
how could you put a storyline onto GT? Its like trying to put a storyline on to a football sim. You race, and thats it, just as you play football and thats it.
Fri 14/12/01 at 10:41
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
GT4 has been announced for Spring 2003!! (Japan)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.