GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime = PSO"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime'.
Mon 24/03/03 at 09:10
Regular
Ive had this game about a month now - on import.
It truly is a wonderous thing, anyone who says different should be shot.
I really hope it sells wel over here, as the GC needs it, I feel really guilty about getting on import as Im taking valuable UK sales away from my beloved Nintendo. *smells the distinct wiff of being a zealot*

Anyway, has anyone noticed how MP resembles PSO in some ways?

The levels are all similar. In PSO you start on Ragol, a lush planet, on MP (after the space station) you begin on Tallon iv another lush plant filled planet.
You move on to Magmoor, a lava filled volcano type level, like the caverns level of PSO.
Then theres the Phazon mines which resemble the Mines of PSO both with "some kind of evil lurking beneath the planet".
And theres ruins in PSO just like MP has the Chozo ruins.

The fact that both planets are derelict save for huge numbers of enemy creatures is a parallel too.

Also the music to the two games is similar in places - relaxing, other worldy, plinky-plonky music and what not.

This is not a criticism of either game, I am just pointing out that in my opinion there are a lot of similarities between these two great games.
Mon 24/03/03 at 09:49
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Berserko wrote:
>  

Good reply - I'll have to remember that one.
Mon 24/03/03 at 09:46
"For the horde!!!!"

Mon 24/03/03 at 09:10
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Ive had this game about a month now - on import.
It truly is a wonderous thing, anyone who says different should be shot.
I really hope it sells wel over here, as the GC needs it, I feel really guilty about getting on import as Im taking valuable UK sales away from my beloved Nintendo. *smells the distinct wiff of being a zealot*

Anyway, has anyone noticed how MP resembles PSO in some ways?

The levels are all similar. In PSO you start on Ragol, a lush planet, on MP (after the space station) you begin on Tallon iv another lush plant filled planet.
You move on to Magmoor, a lava filled volcano type level, like the caverns level of PSO.
Then theres the Phazon mines which resemble the Mines of PSO both with "some kind of evil lurking beneath the planet".
And theres ruins in PSO just like MP has the Chozo ruins.

The fact that both planets are derelict save for huge numbers of enemy creatures is a parallel too.

Also the music to the two games is similar in places - relaxing, other worldy, plinky-plonky music and what not.

This is not a criticism of either game, I am just pointing out that in my opinion there are a lot of similarities between these two great games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.