GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS1 or PS2: which has the best looks?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/12/01 at 14:03
Regular
O.K, i know that many people love the design of the P.S2 because of its sleak black designer style surface, but that is exactly its problem. I think it is just too designer. You need to have a designed room for it to fit in. Also it is long and thin just where does it look good??? Personally i prefer the small design of the PS1, it looks good in any room and fits in in any place. Perfect. I am sure that a lot of time, effort, and money went into the design of PS2 but i also believe that they made a big mistake designing it in such a way.
Thu 13/12/01 at 14:03
O.K, i know that many people love the design of the P.S2 because of its sleak black designer style surface, but that is exactly its problem. I think it is just too designer. You need to have a designed room for it to fit in. Also it is long and thin just where does it look good??? Personally i prefer the small design of the PS1, it looks good in any room and fits in in any place. Perfect. I am sure that a lot of time, effort, and money went into the design of PS2 but i also believe that they made a big mistake designing it in such a way.
Thu 13/12/01 at 14:20
Regular
Place wig on top of PS2.

Smother label in lipstick.

Attach skirt (vertical stand).

Admire new creation, the best looking console on the block.
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:07
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
Nothing bad to say about either design, but definately prefer the PS2. I like the 'designer' image of it. It's very sleek.
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:10
Regular
"360: swfcman"
To be honest as long as the thing is small enough to fit next to my TV it could look like a plant pot for all i care. The PS2 is not the greatest of shapes but it sure beats being a plain old square doesnt it.

What does it really matter what it looks like? Its a damn good console and thats all i ask of it.
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:14
Regular
"WWJD"
For once i agree with Pro Evo it doesn't really matter as long as it's a good console which the PS2 is. But the looks still are very good i like the PS2's looks much more it just looks more like a Next Gen console maybe because it is but still
Thu 13/12/01 at 19:52
Regular
obviously Microsoft didnt take this into account did they.

They made a crap console which also looks like a bungalow with controllers the size of the Game Cube.
bad bad
Thu 13/12/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
I think Microsoft have made a hard job even harder.

Rightly or wrongly, they were always going to find it hard to move Sony from the top of the proverbial gaming mountain. No-one can argue that Sony, again rightly or wrongly, now find themselves in firm control of the market, due to the success of their first console.

Whether or not the Xbox, or even Gamecube, can compete with the PS2 technically is another issue, but the fact is aesthetics really do have a major part to play in the success of a console. Those who are not long-standing gamers looking to buy a console for their child are likely to buy a console on the looks rather than it's gaming attributes.

And, who can disagree that we all judge a console on first appearance, even if eventually the technical aspects prevail as the most important factor.

The Xbox is big, bulky, extremely ugly, and likely to lose out when compared to PS2 on appearance.

Microsoft had a huge mountain to climb, and they've not helped their cause by designing a console that does NOT look like a next generation system.
Mon 23/05/11 at 04:07
Regular
"luke rybicki"
hi everyone hopr you are all enjoying the weather and the club site we are aiming to have enough members next year to be able to have a stand at the bmf show we will be paying for each person who wishes to show their bike as well for the weekend or day so please enjoy the site and weekly bike meet and if you want to join the club and become a member please get intouch for the bike shows and weekend members only trips away

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.