GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moderator First Post Edit"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/06/07 at 23:44
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Posted by Dan-Jc in the Games Section.

REVIEW REMOVED

"(a) In submitting written material you agree to indemnify Freeola Ltd against all liabilities arising from infringement of copyright or intellectual property rights. Basically, in plain English - this means that the material must be original and written by you. Please do not send other people's work. If you do, you run the risk of being banned from our site. If you find a review or a customer site that has been copied from another site, please e-mail [email protected] with the location of the original review or site and it will be removed."
Mon 09/07/07 at 23:58
Regular
"Braaains"
Dan_Jc wrote:
> Now this is the second time this has happened! am i claiming them
> to be mine? NO! im just sharing them with people to read as i
> found them a good read, now where is the harm in that? cant you
> see where im coming from?

Were you planning on sharing the GAD that they might have won with the original writer? I'm guessing not.
Mon 25/06/07 at 17:08
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I completely agree with Garin. I have edited all of your latest reviews and credited the real author.
Mon 25/06/07 at 16:56
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Only you know your motives of course.
But if you want to share good reviews/information you found elsewhere then do so. However its common courtesy to mention this is what you are doing. This is a forum its not unreasonable to assume that you're posting your own work. And sorry, but people will have great trouble believing you've some altruistic motive when you add none of your own comments/opinion, credit the original author or mention the minor point that its not your work.

Do even have permission to re-post this person's work? The very least you could have done is link back to it. The author is fully within their rights to contact Freeola and demand it be removed.

Well, I'm off to post War & Peace in the creative forum. I may or may not credit the original author.
Mon 25/06/07 at 16:30
Regular
Now this is the second time this has happened! am i claiming them to be mine? NO! im just sharing them with people to read as i found them a good read, now where is the harm in that? cant you see where im coming from?
Mon 25/06/07 at 00:15
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I'm disappointed and frankly quite annoyed, I took the time to copy and paste 3 of your reviews and now I find out there copies. I suspected as such, but put my thoughts aside and showed good faith. Dan_Jc, You Suck!
Sun 24/06/07 at 23:35
Regular
I knew from the beginning these were copies. *nods* You can tell.

I'm disappointed in you Dan. Especially as you won the bingo twice. It's like those criminals who win the lottery *shakes head*.
Sun 24/06/07 at 22:58
Regular
"Captain to you."
Yeah that's what i assumed but i didn't want to just come out and accuse him just in case he is innocent.

obviously he has been nicking something from somewhere, if not all of his submissions.
Sun 24/06/07 at 22:52
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Chippxero wrote:
> Click here (i am not
> saying Dan JC stole these as i don't know if his real name is
> Matt Adcock I guess the staffies will know for sure.)

Doubtful, look at Dan_JC's walkthrough for Resistance. Its identical to one posted on Gamefaqs. The only difference being the name at the top is Daniel Bartram. All the copyright notices in the rest of the faq say David Baxley. So I think its a fair guess his name is Daniel given the username.
Sun 24/06/07 at 22:46
Regular
"Captain to you."
Machie don't you read? :P

these are all from Dan-Jc and can all be found on another site.

Click here (i am not saying Dan JC stole these as i don't know if his real name is Matt Adcock I guess the staffies will know for sure.)
Sun 24/06/07 at 22:27
Regular
Great reviews Biggie Little Jr well done =D I'm sure you'll find a GAD for one of these reviews.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.