GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've had a thought......."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/12/01 at 23:00
Regular
My mum told me the other day to stop playing my PS2 because she said it would eventually destroy my mind and give me an everlasting headache.

This brought me back up to that old question can videogames destroy your mind? whilst this was mentioned in a topic by pb I wondered what would happen if games were deemed unsafe and made illegal?

What would people do? There could possibly be a rise in crime as people would have too much free time with nothing to do, unemployment- all those games developers designers and big companies would be bankrupt and out of work and we would get people selling games on the side, those lucky enough to still own a console would sell game time for exorbitant amounts of money, consoles would be for sale on the black market for thousands of pounds. not to mention a big demand for mags and cheats.

we must therefore all do our part to make sure games stay legal. for everyones sake.
Thu 13/12/01 at 05:35
I have heard that playing video games, the computer, and watching TV can accually fry your brain cells which do not come back. The also can make people have seizures but they haven't bothered me so I'll keep on gamein'
Wed 12/12/01 at 23:19
Regular
i've been gaming alllll my life and i'm fine

woop woop honk
G'off ma land!
Wed 12/12/01 at 23:18
Regular
"Is'not Dave... sorr"
From my point of view, gaming is no different to any other form of entertainment (TV, Radio) and may actually be more beneficial as it requires a degree of participation.
Wed 12/12/01 at 23:09
Erm...

Gaming is good for you.

Fact - I got very good GCSE results, didn't actually revise, but did play lots of Virtua Tennis...

Hmmmm
Wed 12/12/01 at 23:00
Regular
"um..."
My mum told me the other day to stop playing my PS2 because she said it would eventually destroy my mind and give me an everlasting headache.

This brought me back up to that old question can videogames destroy your mind? whilst this was mentioned in a topic by pb I wondered what would happen if games were deemed unsafe and made illegal?

What would people do? There could possibly be a rise in crime as people would have too much free time with nothing to do, unemployment- all those games developers designers and big companies would be bankrupt and out of work and we would get people selling games on the side, those lucky enough to still own a console would sell game time for exorbitant amounts of money, consoles would be for sale on the black market for thousands of pounds. not to mention a big demand for mags and cheats.

we must therefore all do our part to make sure games stay legal. for everyones sake.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.