GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This Months OXM...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 10:14
Regular
... is pretty good. Although I only got it last night, haven't played many of the demos or read many of the reviews, but there we go.

First up, three Elite Awards given this month. PDO, which was also Game of the Month, TOCA Race Driver, and I can't remember the last one, damn.

As for the demo's:

TOCA is good, but the demo is short so not sure if I want it or not. Like the damage model, it's pretty cool. Need to play this a little more, perhaps?

Racing Evoluzione is a huge demo, and I really want this game now. The car design thing is just a glorified car selection screen, but the racing is close, and I like the idea of your brand getting bigger and better as you do well.

Colin McRae 3: Didn't like this. I don't like racing games where you only drive round by yourself, except for PGR.

Haven't tried the rest, really want to give Ghost Recon a go, and have a look at the new PDO demo as well.
Tue 25/03/03 at 10:14
Regular
... is pretty good. Although I only got it last night, haven't played many of the demos or read many of the reviews, but there we go.

First up, three Elite Awards given this month. PDO, which was also Game of the Month, TOCA Race Driver, and I can't remember the last one, damn.

As for the demo's:

TOCA is good, but the demo is short so not sure if I want it or not. Like the damage model, it's pretty cool. Need to play this a little more, perhaps?

Racing Evoluzione is a huge demo, and I really want this game now. The car design thing is just a glorified car selection screen, but the racing is close, and I like the idea of your brand getting bigger and better as you do well.

Colin McRae 3: Didn't like this. I don't like racing games where you only drive round by yourself, except for PGR.

Haven't tried the rest, really want to give Ghost Recon a go, and have a look at the new PDO demo as well.
Tue 25/03/03 at 19:25
Regular
"He's back"
excuse my ingnorence but what is PDO?

What bout DR. muto that was promised, or the snooker game????
Tue 25/03/03 at 19:44
Are the graphics on TOCA more akin to that of the PC demo, or the PS2 version? Also, how are the loading times?
Tue 25/03/03 at 20:02
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
wam man wrote:
> What bout DR. muto

Enjoyable thanks to the morphing feature, but nothing you havn't seen or played a million times before, and better aswell.

Snooker isn't on this months demo, its on next months, aswell as lots of promicing games like Kung Fu Chaos, Return to castle wolfenstine, Mortal Kombat, mech assault= others.

As for Racing Evo- I was hugely dissipointed. Its essentially a poor mans PGR with woeful handling, AI, music, average graphics and dull racing. It deserves to go in the "could've been brilliant but turned out pretty crap bin" along with Blinx.
Tue 25/03/03 at 20:06
Regular
"He's back"
WHAT'S PDO????
Tue 25/03/03 at 20:20
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Its Panzer Dragoon Orta.
Tue 25/03/03 at 20:48
Regular
I signed up to the three months for 6 quid deal
Wed 26/03/03 at 08:57
Regular
Mantis wrote:
> As for Racing Evo- I was hugely dissipointed. Its essentially a poor
> mans PGR with woeful handling, AI, music, average graphics and dull
> racing. It deserves to go in the "could've been brilliant but
> turned out pretty crap bin" along with Blinx.

I wasn't that dissapointed. And you can't really compare the AI with that of PGR, as PGR's isn't *that* good. The drivers in PGR just stick to their line, even if it means taking the player off.

Maybe it's just the novelty factor of building up a marque that appeals to me...
Wed 26/03/03 at 21:35
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
The concept of Racing Evo is really good, but you muct admit it coulda been alot better. Mabye the full game is good when you get into it but I wasn't too impressed. I wait for PGR2.

YH, what do you think of Panzer Dragoon Orta? I must have played the demo 10 times now- it soooopurb. Next game I buy probably.
Thu 27/03/03 at 12:38
Regular
Dunno, I've only given it 1 quick go. It's ok, reminds me of Rez a fair bit.

Not on my list to buy.

I can't afford any games at the moment, but the only one I really want right now is Indiana Jones.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.