GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony: this christmas."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/12/01 at 21:42
Regular
What else does Sony have to do; they have got out loads of things now, televisions, stereos, VCR’s, DVD players and who can forget about the playstation 1 and 2. No one else can really challenge them now in my books especially at Christmas because there are no new consoles out for anyone to buy. No one can buy a Game Cube or and Xbox because, well, there not going to be out for Christmas. Who can challenge Sony this Christmas?

Well there is still Nintendo because they have the Game Boy Advance to sell but come on, who in reality is going to win that competition? I think Sony will but please do say your views on it. I think that Sony will win because it has got far more products out than Nintendo do. Over 20,000,000 people already have a Playstation 2 and to have the record of selling the most consoles in history within 48 hours off release is pretty impressive for any company to do! Anyway some one with a bit of money will most probably buy both this Christmas, my little brother is getting a Game Boy Advance this Christmas, so the competition has just cancelled it self out in my family this Christmas.

Even the Playstation 1 is still selling brilliantly as well as the Playstation 2 and not to mention all the accessories, which most people do buy, to go along with them will earn Sony a lot of money as well. Most people will spend at least £400 worth of things i.e. Games, Accessories and obviously the console itself. My parents are spending about £450 on me this year just on a Playstation 2, 4 games and an ultimate starter pack, which costs another £60. Imagine how much it will cost for some things for the Game Cube or Xbox, I will go into that a bit later on.

Next year, which is nearly here, will be Sony’s biggest challenge yet with Microsoft bringing out the Xbox and Nintendo bringing out the Game Cube, Sony will have a lot of competition. Will Sony’s wonderful history be compromised? I think it will be. I think it will be a lot. No one can tell right now though because no one has a Game Cube or Xbox currently. Think of all the things what all of these consoles have to offer though. Sony has a wide range of games to offer and many of these games are also coming out near Christmas so Sony will make a lot of money there, The playstation 2 has got a built in DVD player so that is another good reason for people to buy the console. The Xbox by Microsoft though has got brilliant graphics, although you do have to buy something to make the DVD’s work on the console, but still will people have an excellent range of games to buy. I do not know a lot about the Game Cube by Nintendo yet so I cannot say too much about that console yet. I do know that there are going to be some good games coming out though so as the new Super Mario Game, Nintendo does have quite a few good aspects though, such as some exclusive titles to Nintendo like Super Mario Brothers and also I think it is a good idea to have all off the Resident Evil titles coming to the game Cube so that if people are big fans of those titles they do not have to go and buy it on another console because all of those titles will be on the Game Cube, and if you want you can also link up your Gameboy Advance to your Game Cube which is another good reason to get the Game Cube.

Next year will be a big year and I personally think that Sony will win because of the reasons I have stated above and because the other consoles will cost quite a bit of money I think, unless you have stroke lucky on the national lottery or on an instant, but what is the chance of that, 1 in a million. Its like lightning striking in the same place twice really I think, but that’s enough on the lottery, back to the review. Where was I again? Ooooo yeah the prices. I think that since the consoles will be dear, not to mention the games and accessories on top, it will cost you at least £500+ I think to have the Xbox and Game Cube and if you have not got a Playstation 2 that would be another 200. It would cost you a lot of money if you take a moment to think of it. So I think that maybe, just maybe the prices will be equal for the Xbox and Game Cube but the Playstation 2 will be winning because not every one will be able to afford both in my mind.

There are quite a few good games coming out for the Playstation 2:
Jak and Daxter.
SSX Tricky.
Devil May Cry.
Tony Hawks 3.
Grand Theft Auto 3.
Metal gear Solid 2,
Some people say that the Playstation 1 is dead nearly but I do not think so, while its not on a high either there are still some good games coming out on it. PS1 at the moment has the biggest user base, and this number is still growing as the PS1 is seen as the best first console to a new gamer. It has many hundreds of games already available for it, and many of them are true classics such as Metal Gear Solid, and VR missions, ISS Evo Two, Driver Two and lots more. Lots of the games too are already very cheap to buy now, some as low as £9.99 and when there are games like Driver 1 at this price, that’s a bargain. Also, some of the new games that have sold lots of copies have become very cheap too as they have turned platinum and can be bought for £20. Also with the newer PS One, the smaller and lighter version is good because it is able to work without a socket because you can buy the screen so you can play it roughly anywhere you want to. There are also some other games for the Playstation 1, which is coming out:
Tony Hawks 3.
Fifa 2002.
Harry Potter.
Many Playstation 1 games will also be available on the Playstation 2. With the PS One’s life coming near an end it is good for owners because this is there chance to get all the things they want for them because they are very cheap now compared to the Xbox and Game Cube.

If anyone sees some guy from Sony with a huge smile on his face this Christmas you now have some kind of an idea why he has, well at least I hope you have! Overall Sony has had a brilliant year and it can only improve over the years, better televisions, enhanced stereos, amazing DVD players and even a Playstation 3 could be installed for the future, who knows? Hope you have had a good read from this message and don’t feel just like falling asleep or banging your head on the wall hoping this message would just evaporate into the World Wide Web.

Colin.

Merry Christmas.
Wed 12/12/01 at 23:08
I agree, thats alot to write about how Sony is going to dominate but in the US everything is out and the GC and Xbox are selling pretty good. I still put my faith behind Sony though.
Wed 12/12/01 at 23:07
Regular
"Touched!"
Good post there, we could do with quality posts like that on this forum :D
Wed 12/12/01 at 22:16
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
man why did you write so much now my brain hurts i'm gunna come back to read the next 5 paragraphs

just my 1/2 pence worth
Wed 12/12/01 at 21:42
What else does Sony have to do; they have got out loads of things now, televisions, stereos, VCR’s, DVD players and who can forget about the playstation 1 and 2. No one else can really challenge them now in my books especially at Christmas because there are no new consoles out for anyone to buy. No one can buy a Game Cube or and Xbox because, well, there not going to be out for Christmas. Who can challenge Sony this Christmas?

Well there is still Nintendo because they have the Game Boy Advance to sell but come on, who in reality is going to win that competition? I think Sony will but please do say your views on it. I think that Sony will win because it has got far more products out than Nintendo do. Over 20,000,000 people already have a Playstation 2 and to have the record of selling the most consoles in history within 48 hours off release is pretty impressive for any company to do! Anyway some one with a bit of money will most probably buy both this Christmas, my little brother is getting a Game Boy Advance this Christmas, so the competition has just cancelled it self out in my family this Christmas.

Even the Playstation 1 is still selling brilliantly as well as the Playstation 2 and not to mention all the accessories, which most people do buy, to go along with them will earn Sony a lot of money as well. Most people will spend at least £400 worth of things i.e. Games, Accessories and obviously the console itself. My parents are spending about £450 on me this year just on a Playstation 2, 4 games and an ultimate starter pack, which costs another £60. Imagine how much it will cost for some things for the Game Cube or Xbox, I will go into that a bit later on.

Next year, which is nearly here, will be Sony’s biggest challenge yet with Microsoft bringing out the Xbox and Nintendo bringing out the Game Cube, Sony will have a lot of competition. Will Sony’s wonderful history be compromised? I think it will be. I think it will be a lot. No one can tell right now though because no one has a Game Cube or Xbox currently. Think of all the things what all of these consoles have to offer though. Sony has a wide range of games to offer and many of these games are also coming out near Christmas so Sony will make a lot of money there, The playstation 2 has got a built in DVD player so that is another good reason for people to buy the console. The Xbox by Microsoft though has got brilliant graphics, although you do have to buy something to make the DVD’s work on the console, but still will people have an excellent range of games to buy. I do not know a lot about the Game Cube by Nintendo yet so I cannot say too much about that console yet. I do know that there are going to be some good games coming out though so as the new Super Mario Game, Nintendo does have quite a few good aspects though, such as some exclusive titles to Nintendo like Super Mario Brothers and also I think it is a good idea to have all off the Resident Evil titles coming to the game Cube so that if people are big fans of those titles they do not have to go and buy it on another console because all of those titles will be on the Game Cube, and if you want you can also link up your Gameboy Advance to your Game Cube which is another good reason to get the Game Cube.

Next year will be a big year and I personally think that Sony will win because of the reasons I have stated above and because the other consoles will cost quite a bit of money I think, unless you have stroke lucky on the national lottery or on an instant, but what is the chance of that, 1 in a million. Its like lightning striking in the same place twice really I think, but that’s enough on the lottery, back to the review. Where was I again? Ooooo yeah the prices. I think that since the consoles will be dear, not to mention the games and accessories on top, it will cost you at least £500+ I think to have the Xbox and Game Cube and if you have not got a Playstation 2 that would be another 200. It would cost you a lot of money if you take a moment to think of it. So I think that maybe, just maybe the prices will be equal for the Xbox and Game Cube but the Playstation 2 will be winning because not every one will be able to afford both in my mind.

There are quite a few good games coming out for the Playstation 2:
Jak and Daxter.
SSX Tricky.
Devil May Cry.
Tony Hawks 3.
Grand Theft Auto 3.
Metal gear Solid 2,
Some people say that the Playstation 1 is dead nearly but I do not think so, while its not on a high either there are still some good games coming out on it. PS1 at the moment has the biggest user base, and this number is still growing as the PS1 is seen as the best first console to a new gamer. It has many hundreds of games already available for it, and many of them are true classics such as Metal Gear Solid, and VR missions, ISS Evo Two, Driver Two and lots more. Lots of the games too are already very cheap to buy now, some as low as £9.99 and when there are games like Driver 1 at this price, that’s a bargain. Also, some of the new games that have sold lots of copies have become very cheap too as they have turned platinum and can be bought for £20. Also with the newer PS One, the smaller and lighter version is good because it is able to work without a socket because you can buy the screen so you can play it roughly anywhere you want to. There are also some other games for the Playstation 1, which is coming out:
Tony Hawks 3.
Fifa 2002.
Harry Potter.
Many Playstation 1 games will also be available on the Playstation 2. With the PS One’s life coming near an end it is good for owners because this is there chance to get all the things they want for them because they are very cheap now compared to the Xbox and Game Cube.

If anyone sees some guy from Sony with a huge smile on his face this Christmas you now have some kind of an idea why he has, well at least I hope you have! Overall Sony has had a brilliant year and it can only improve over the years, better televisions, enhanced stereos, amazing DVD players and even a Playstation 3 could be installed for the future, who knows? Hope you have had a good read from this message and don’t feel just like falling asleep or banging your head on the wall hoping this message would just evaporate into the World Wide Web.

Colin.

Merry Christmas.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.