GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"¿¿Free??"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/12/01 at 21:33
Regular
I've got this month's NOM and with it you get a 'Gamer's Diary 2002'

the pages for this were in the magazine, but mine only went up to halfway through August, has anyone else got NOM, were there pages for the whole year?

Also in Febuary the dates go - 20, 21, 9, 23, 24. how dodgey is this???

¿¿¿¿¿¿I'm confused??????
Tue 18/12/01 at 12:50
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I never got NOM anymore... too much rubbish and not enough info. I find NGC magazine is much better. More info on games (not just big pictures) and still plenty of screenshots, and it is actually funny (occasionally) rather than just lame jokes (well, NGC does have some lame ones too...)

Anyway, that's what I think...
Tue 18/12/01 at 12:46
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Yep...Sure is...anyway...I think that'll next month they'll have the other half of the year to add in.
Tue 18/12/01 at 09:19
Mine only goes upto july!!!

To be honest that was the worst gift ever, worse than the harry poter sticker book
Mon 17/12/01 at 21:20
Regular
I know i was annoyed when it was wrong, I want 2 free gifts next month!
Mon 17/12/01 at 21:13
I hated putting the little poket diary together. My floor was covered in paper circles which you had to pop out. It was deadly as the dates were wrong. *curses!*
Mon 17/12/01 at 21:02
Joe_Poly wrote:
> I got N64 first on issuse 11, I got it for about a year then stopped to get NOM,
> I could only afford one being young and having no pocket money, so I got NOM. At
> the time I prefered NOM as it didn't have as much writing, now I'm the opposite,
> I like NGC more because it's more to read. You can finish a copy of NOM off very
> quickly.

Me too, I've subcribe to N64/NGC for quite a long time and it has helped me choose the right games to buy.
Fri 14/12/01 at 21:10
Regular
I got N64 first on issuse 11, I got it for about a year then stopped to get NOM, I could only afford one being young and having no pocket money, so I got NOM. At the time I prefered NOM as it didn't have as much writing, now I'm the opposite, I like NGC more because it's more to read. You can finish a copy of NOM off very quickly.
Fri 14/12/01 at 20:20
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Joe_Poly wrote:
> SR usually choose the back pages of mags

i counted my mags the other day, I
> think I have 52. must be a lot of money at about £3 with some at
> £3.30

Only 52?

I've been getting N64/NGC since issue 9 and that's now on something like 63.

I've also got a hugh stack of NOM issues!

As well as them I've got random issues of various other computer mags i've picked up to read across the years.

As you can tell I never throw anything away. Or get rid of any of my games. Thus the big N64 collection!

I've still got the first computer magazine I ever bought. In pretty good condition to aswell. It's some PC mag. I think PC Gamer or something. I had a demo "disk" with a demo of Titus The Fox on it. That was a quality game. I actually got the full game to. And with that game came a free poster, which i've still actually got on my wall! LOL!

Arr the days of free disks on the front of magazines. Those were the days. When you actually got pretty much free full games on them!

I wonder if future Gamecube mags will give away demo disks. Only time will tell!

:D
Fri 14/12/01 at 19:54
Regular
SR usually choose the back pages of mags

i counted my mags the other day, I think I have 52. must be a lot of money at about £3 with some at £3.30
Fri 14/12/01 at 19:48
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Solskjaer_24 wrote:
> I prefer NGC to NOM myself. But thanks to NOM, I dicovered 'Special Reserve'!!!
> So they can't be that bad!

I remember the days when there was a page Special Reserve ad in nearly every gaming mag. They use to bost saying that they had like 250,000 members or something. I remember they use to always be giving away Gyver on vid as the free gift for joining. It's nice to know that they still give that away now, but in DVD form! LOL!

How longs SR been around now?

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.