GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"History Of Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/12/01 at 21:28
Regular
Since this was deleted in the Sony forum for some reason, here it is again!!!!

[copied material removed]

The Gamecube is already out in the States and it sold pretty well, but the sales were nowhere as near as those of the Playstation 2 in the corersponding period. Sony sold 880,000 machines in the week of the price drop alone...

So lets concentrate on the PS2 for a while. The console that people knew just would not fail because of the success of the original Playstation. The console that was promised to be the best thing since sliced bread. And guess what.....IT IS. The Playstation 2 really took gaming to a new level with its fantastic visual power and superb range of games that have blown many gamers away. Ok maybe the games only started coming out in the past 3 months but it was worth the wait. As peolple say, THE GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT. With great titles such as GT3, GTA3, DMC, SSX Tricky and Pro Evo soccer you really cant lose by picking the PS2. The console's power is just starting to show and I believe there is a lot more to come out of the little (ok maybe not so little, but little compared to the console I am going to talk about in the next paragrapgh) black box.

This piece will probably bring fond memories to those who are a bit older round here and I hope you enjoyed this brief History Of Gaming. Thank you
Wed 18/05/11 at 16:58
Regular
VPN access for Interval International

http://ns.arise.com/interval
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:38
Well done,i was impressed by that topic.
Keep up the good work and thy GAD`s shalt follow.
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:34
Regular
"Touched!"
Nice topic there! some good in depth views!, good post
Wed 12/12/01 at 23:07
Who invented Cricket - or rather, live cricket on Television with commentary?

Bad them!
Wed 12/12/01 at 21:32
Regular
"Back For Good"
Dunno why the other topic suddendly shrunk in the Sony forum but this aint a bad topic, nice one (again) Triple H :-)
Wed 12/12/01 at 21:28
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Since this was deleted in the Sony forum for some reason, here it is again!!!!

[copied material removed]

The Gamecube is already out in the States and it sold pretty well, but the sales were nowhere as near as those of the Playstation 2 in the corersponding period. Sony sold 880,000 machines in the week of the price drop alone...

So lets concentrate on the PS2 for a while. The console that people knew just would not fail because of the success of the original Playstation. The console that was promised to be the best thing since sliced bread. And guess what.....IT IS. The Playstation 2 really took gaming to a new level with its fantastic visual power and superb range of games that have blown many gamers away. Ok maybe the games only started coming out in the past 3 months but it was worth the wait. As peolple say, THE GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT. With great titles such as GT3, GTA3, DMC, SSX Tricky and Pro Evo soccer you really cant lose by picking the PS2. The console's power is just starting to show and I believe there is a lot more to come out of the little (ok maybe not so little, but little compared to the console I am going to talk about in the next paragrapgh) black box.

This piece will probably bring fond memories to those who are a bit older round here and I hope you enjoyed this brief History Of Gaming. Thank you

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.