GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo and Europe"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/12/01 at 14:26
Regular
It seems to me that nintendo are racist
yes that seems quite a harsh statement but think about it for a moment.... Nintendo are willing to give the japanese and the americans the gamecube months before we lowly europeans even get a sniff of it. Its not the first time this has happened either, it was the same story with the snes and the N64. It seems to me that nintendo think that we europeans are not important enough for their sales strategy and once again we have to wait and wait because you know aswell as i do that the gamecube will be delayed as with its predecessors. So will nintendo book up its ideas in the future and treat europeans as equals or are we doomed to listen to americans and japanese boasting about the great games they are playing and just plainly rubbing it in. The reason i am angry is yes the waiting but also because i have been loyal to nintendo since the days of the nes i have everyone of their systems and have enjoyed them all. But i also had to wait for them all and go through more delays thatn i have had hot dinners
well i am glad i got that off my chest it has been boiling inside me for a while
i would like your thoughts on the situation thanx
Link64uk
Thu 13/12/01 at 20:08
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Tony_Blair reaches into his pocket "ohh i think i can scrounge up a couple of thousand" from within his pocket Tony_Blair pulls out two thousand pounds
Thu 13/12/01 at 18:14
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
To solvve this problem we should all go out and buy loads of GC's that way next time they will think we are a bigger market!

So can anyone give me a couple of thousand pounds?
Thu 13/12/01 at 17:11
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
h 'ere' h'ere'
Thu 13/12/01 at 13:22
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
UK, You have amdit...Its small :( But USA is HUGE. So its first aim was too get it over there as soon as they can :)
Wed 12/12/01 at 21:21
Regular
It's made by the Japanese so naturally, they get it fist.
America is the biggest market in the world for games, so naturally, they get it second.

We then get their leftovers at an inflated price.

It's not just Nintendo either. Sony, Sega etc are also just as bad.

It's not fair, but what can we do about it.
If you want one that badly then import it.
Wed 12/12/01 at 21:14
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:

Basically Ninty have completely lost out on the European
> market...

and as for the comment about lots of people importing... certainly
> not true. Only very dedicated gamers go to this length... remember 99% of gamers
> are the casual type.

Sonic

Although the gaming market is filled up with mostly casual gamers (those who completely dismiss games from other consoles cos they can't be bothered to try them), I am a dedicated gamer. However I can't afford to import and consider my waiting for the GameCube to be more dedicated than importing one just to quickly play it. I'd rather buy one that'd work on Pal TV with a UK electricity plug so that I don't have to spend lots of money importing games and converting ports, etc.
Wed 12/12/01 at 20:49
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Link is right in some sense...

Europe is the biggest market for games. It makes more money than either Japan or America. So why is it that we are treated the worst by Nintendo, far more so than other companies (although almost every games developer treats us badly!).

Solskjaer_24 wrote:
> I think it has something to do with the fact that Europe is several times larger
> then America and Japan put together!! They therefore have to create many more
> thousands of Cubes for the Europe launch, compared to the Jap/US launch numbers.

Certainly not true. The fact is that a majority of consoles are sold at Xmas. So by releasing after xmas, ninty have missed the key selling time, and thus have completely lost to plot. They will have a very, very small demand. Far better to release with a small amount before xmas to at least show the console to the public... most gamers don't know anything about it!!!!

> This will of course take more time, and Nintendo expect to make a much higher
> profit from the European launch, because of the number of anticipated customers,
> ready to splash out in an instant!!

Rubbish! Ninty have no advertising- most gamers haven't heard of the console... how could they have!?!?!?

Meanwhile everyone is getting PS2s for xmas, and the market is being given away. Most gamers are the casual sort who DON't read the gaming press, and just buy the PS2 because it is like a better PS1!!!

Basically Ninty have completely lost out on the European market...

and as for the comment about lots of people importing... certainly not true. Only very dedicated gamers go to this length... remember 99% of gamers are the casual type.

Sonic
Wed 12/12/01 at 20:45
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
h 'ere' h'ere'

( to link64uk's messsage)
Wed 12/12/01 at 18:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think it has something to do with the fact that Europe is several times larger then America and Japan put together!! They therefore have to create many more thousands of Cubes for the Europe launch, compared to the Jap/US launch numbers. This will of course take more time, and Nintendo expect to make a much higher profit from the European launch, because of the number of anticipated customers, ready to splash out in an instant!! If they're making the launch date differences this far apart for antcipation, then I really do think it is far to long to wait!! It's only gunna get people more annoyed, having to wait even longer than the rest of the world. And there's also the possibillity that many Europeans could import Cubes from elsewhere, reducing the income from the official European launch date.

I just wanna know WHEN the launch date is gunna be!!!
Wed 12/12/01 at 17:19
Regular
Could you explain how Nintendo can release the GC ito a multi cultural country such as America and be racist for not giving us it yet?

They have valid reasons, if they don't think its time to release it, they won't. Fair as that. YOu just have to be more patient.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.