GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've got the urge"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/03/03 at 18:53
Regular
I'll begin by telling the undeniable truth, broadband is the future, and well it's a good start to what the Internet may hold in the future, like being able to download food of the net through amazingly advanced printers of some sort. It comes with so many benefits to the average Internet user that you would almost be mad (or less privileged) not to have it.

I love to download stuff off the net, not smut nude stuff, but good interesting things like music, games and films. Why not if the technology is there? There may be many piracy statements stamped to stop this happening, but the fact is, these big-shot people need to crack down on the people that make it possible for us to download these things, instead of wanting to punish us down loaders. If it's there and I like it, I download it, whether it's illegal or not. Finders, keepers.

Anyway, with broadband downloading is very little hassle. Instead of having to leave the computer on and internet running for up to a week, mounting the electricity bill, just to download a measly 600mb film, it does its job in less than an hour. Work out the difference... Amazing isn't it? And I'm not just talking about zip files either.

Pages load up like that *clicks fingers*! Waiting on the net simply becomes unknown to the brain as every page you wish to visit on the net coheres at your very presence in an instant. Like you're royalty. You can download or play your favourite games a lot faster than with the standard connection. Streaming online is just like watching the telly or listening to the radio, everything's so clear and runs smoothly, instead of having to wait for the blasted thing to buffer and connect through numerous intervals, spoiling the overall experience.

I think downloading's a great thing, for us that don't have our own businesses. It means we can play games, listen to tunes and watch films that haven't even been released over here yet. Course, some will say that that's the cheap way, but I like to think of it as the cleverly beneficial economic way. Meaning, no need to fetch out some cash. But the thing is, as time has moved so has the demands of people. Humanity seems to have become very impatient these days. We all want things right here, right now. Like every time I'm in the car, I hate it when the person in front drives like a driveling retard, stupidly slow. It gets me agitated, all because I want to get somewhere in a hurry. It's the same with downloading, which is where broadband gives a huge helping hand.

The Internet is always on with broadband, you don't have to log on or off, and you don't pay extra call charges either. You can be on the Internet, receive calls or phone call at the same time. This immediately reduces the amount of domestic arguing just to use the phone. Plus, parents can’t nag you to get off either, or complain about spending too much time on the Internet because you only pay a fixed fee monthly, so it doesn't matter how long you stay on.

Broadband is very efficient and is ideal to the modern day Internet user. Looking at our monitors and browsing the net, we want to have the best quality in video and sound streaming; no jet lagging with games and no taking the biscuit with the ridiculously long downloads on a 56k.

Why all this? Because I've been given the ear all day from my mate who got broadband last week, bragging about how great it is, and obviously aggravating my open wound with a freshly, sour lemon.

I seriously want broadband.
Tue 25/03/03 at 19:18
"Do you know my name"
I want broadband but I can't. I got ntl tv but the broadband survice isn't available yet. The price doesn't really matter but it pi**es me off that it's not available.
Tue 25/03/03 at 19:02
Regular
"Brrrrr."
I seriously want Broadband too.

Please?
Tue 25/03/03 at 19:01
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
It's just I can't get it right now because we're having the house done over, which is going to cost quite a lot.

It's a priority of mine, but 35 a month is a bit pricey just to use the net. Telewest is looking promising though. Rang them up and all that, and we should have the thing running in a week or so. It's just my mate (David) got to me today with his continuous yapping because I didn't have broadband.

Apparently, everyone's got it.
Tue 25/03/03 at 18:55
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Eh?

£35 a month from Blueyonder. Not that bad, almost the same as unlimited time w/ an extra line. Not like it costs a bajillion dollars.
Tue 25/03/03 at 18:53
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
I'll begin by telling the undeniable truth, broadband is the future, and well it's a good start to what the Internet may hold in the future, like being able to download food of the net through amazingly advanced printers of some sort. It comes with so many benefits to the average Internet user that you would almost be mad (or less privileged) not to have it.

I love to download stuff off the net, not smut nude stuff, but good interesting things like music, games and films. Why not if the technology is there? There may be many piracy statements stamped to stop this happening, but the fact is, these big-shot people need to crack down on the people that make it possible for us to download these things, instead of wanting to punish us down loaders. If it's there and I like it, I download it, whether it's illegal or not. Finders, keepers.

Anyway, with broadband downloading is very little hassle. Instead of having to leave the computer on and internet running for up to a week, mounting the electricity bill, just to download a measly 600mb film, it does its job in less than an hour. Work out the difference... Amazing isn't it? And I'm not just talking about zip files either.

Pages load up like that *clicks fingers*! Waiting on the net simply becomes unknown to the brain as every page you wish to visit on the net coheres at your very presence in an instant. Like you're royalty. You can download or play your favourite games a lot faster than with the standard connection. Streaming online is just like watching the telly or listening to the radio, everything's so clear and runs smoothly, instead of having to wait for the blasted thing to buffer and connect through numerous intervals, spoiling the overall experience.

I think downloading's a great thing, for us that don't have our own businesses. It means we can play games, listen to tunes and watch films that haven't even been released over here yet. Course, some will say that that's the cheap way, but I like to think of it as the cleverly beneficial economic way. Meaning, no need to fetch out some cash. But the thing is, as time has moved so has the demands of people. Humanity seems to have become very impatient these days. We all want things right here, right now. Like every time I'm in the car, I hate it when the person in front drives like a driveling retard, stupidly slow. It gets me agitated, all because I want to get somewhere in a hurry. It's the same with downloading, which is where broadband gives a huge helping hand.

The Internet is always on with broadband, you don't have to log on or off, and you don't pay extra call charges either. You can be on the Internet, receive calls or phone call at the same time. This immediately reduces the amount of domestic arguing just to use the phone. Plus, parents can’t nag you to get off either, or complain about spending too much time on the Internet because you only pay a fixed fee monthly, so it doesn't matter how long you stay on.

Broadband is very efficient and is ideal to the modern day Internet user. Looking at our monitors and browsing the net, we want to have the best quality in video and sound streaming; no jet lagging with games and no taking the biscuit with the ridiculously long downloads on a 56k.

Why all this? Because I've been given the ear all day from my mate who got broadband last week, bragging about how great it is, and obviously aggravating my open wound with a freshly, sour lemon.

I seriously want broadband.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.