GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Classic Gaming bloomers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/12/01 at 20:08
Regular
I was talking to a friend this afternoon about videogames, as is the topic of most of my conversations. He isn't really into gaming, and his knowledge is quite vague, and since we were talking about retro consoles, he wasn't too familiar. However, I started to talk about the Commodore 64, and much to my surprise, he jumped ahead and told me how his friend thought that it was really advanced for its time, because it was 64 bit, and it was only when the N64 was released that its technology was matched. Now, since he didn't know much about video-games, I corrected him of his error, but some people say the stupidest things.

Post any more examples of gaming bloomers here.
Tue 11/12/01 at 20:08
Regular
"¬_¬"
I was talking to a friend this afternoon about videogames, as is the topic of most of my conversations. He isn't really into gaming, and his knowledge is quite vague, and since we were talking about retro consoles, he wasn't too familiar. However, I started to talk about the Commodore 64, and much to my surprise, he jumped ahead and told me how his friend thought that it was really advanced for its time, because it was 64 bit, and it was only when the N64 was released that its technology was matched. Now, since he didn't know much about video-games, I corrected him of his error, but some people say the stupidest things.

Post any more examples of gaming bloomers here.
Tue 11/12/01 at 20:32
Ha! I can imagine his face when you told him!

My mate who also doesn't know much about gaming either said - 'GameCube - yeah - Sony make the best games for it!'
Wed 12/12/01 at 00:32
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
people I know who play a lot of games have asked me what a gamecube is.
Doh.
Wed 12/12/01 at 00:35
Regular
I still know mans who are still calling it the dolphin. Probably worse than not evening knowing that Nintendo having a new console out.
Wed 12/12/01 at 00:36
"possibly impossible"
Lady came in to my mate's games shop while I was there today and looked rather embarrased. They'd bought a PS2 game (Simpsons Road Rage) for their son's christmas present (he wanted the game) but at the dinner table he'd been talking about his friend's amazing PS2. It was then that the mother said "well you've got a PS2..." and the kid replied "No, it's a PS1" that the mother realised her mistake.

To make things worse, she really insisted on having the same game on the PSX, until she was convinced that it didn't exist and got a refund...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.