GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'd just like to say..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/03/03 at 00:08
Regular
Well done to Nintendo for making the 60% rise for the Gamecube. Naturally Dixons and Argos helped a great deal (5000 on one saturday is better than the entire sales for Australia in a week). Well done to NOE for releasing 5 exclusive games within a month that captures all age groups and types, the internet fans (PSO), the children (Super Monkey Ball and Sonic Mega Collection), the teenager (Resident Evil 0), the adult (Metroid Prime and the retro gamer (Metroid Prime, Sonic Mega Collection).

Also advertisement was top notch for a change, Metroid Prime's was alright but there was plenty of it and as for Resident Evil: 0... having papers and teachers etc... talking about it is a damn good advertisement campaign indeed. And of course dropping the game bundles to the price of the Gamecube was an excellent move. So a well deserved 60% rise.

But what I am surprised with is the X-box... MGS2 and the heavily advertised X-box live actually made the X-box fall in sales by 10%. oh dear.

Also the next time I predict we'll enjoy Nintendo success is May. Yes we are only getting one exclusive game but Splinter Cell, The Sims and Hitman 2 are huge games (Sims biggest selling, Hitman 2 knocked Mario off the top spot and Splinter Cell hype would have reached fever pitch). So I anticipate another great month. Even better if Tony Gard can get in gear and finish Galleon.
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:21
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Yup. And it's all down to hype, and EA being cak. As usual. My friend bought it. I told him not to, but oh no. 3 days later.
"Oh s**t" (That's what he said)
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It will, despite its utter waste of anything good.
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:18
Regular
The Sims is crap whatever console it's on, I bet it sells by the load though.
Fri 28/03/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Please no one get it. Please! It's crap on PS2, and won't be much better on the cube.
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:57
Regular
You forgot Skies of Arcadia in May.

Oh and the Sims is out in April, next week to be more exact.
Fri 28/03/03 at 19:55
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Contain yourself child.
Thu 27/03/03 at 23:19
Regular
Wahey! GC sales up, Xbox sales down! Some justice!
Thu 27/03/03 at 22:46
Regular
Tóm wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> blah blah blah made the X-box fall in sales by 10%. oh
> dear.

Well it did.

> You're starting to annoy me.

Whatever will I do :P
Thu 27/03/03 at 13:15
Regular
beanz wrote:
> plasticcoated wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> Galleon?
>
> Sounds crap. :P
>
> Looks crap too.
>
> yeah i think it's gonna be such a big flop....really bland
> graphics...and on the gameplay videos i have seen there is REALLY bad
> slowdown...and the combat looks pants

I wasn't impressed by the footage on the old NGC Video given away with the first N64 issue to be renamed.

It looked like a badly made Disney movie.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:53
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Thats what i like to hear, keep it up Nintendo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.