GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming online with Nintnendo"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/12/01 at 18:36
Regular
Honestly I dont think online gaming will take off with this generation of consoles, but I could be wrong.

The reason I think this is because Nintendo have said that they havent planned anything definat yet regarding online gaming. So there wont be many games out for it, and the network wont be fully ready.

But then again games such as Sega's PSO, use their own network. Also as long as we have to pay high phone line, network, and instalation cost it will never be as big as it could be.

We could all hope Nintendo are doing what they have done in the past. That is saying "Oh we arent going to do that" then a month or two later they reveal they have been working on it for ages. And they suddenly have a all singing and dancing title. I sure hope this is true!
Fri 14/12/01 at 17:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
OK, I agree with all those posts. But what if there weren't all those problems in the UK, and Nintendo had everything ready for on-line GameCube gaming?? To see how successfull it could be you only have to look at the most successfull multiplayer games made for a Nintendo console. Take Mario Kart, Perfect Dark, Wave Race and 1080 Snoboarding for example. If you could play all these on-line against your mates!! Nintendo would AT LEAST triple their profits!! Meaning they could go EVEN FURTHER with their console technology!!!
Fri 14/12/01 at 15:09
Online gaming is great fun, i don't think that you are correct that nintendo won't game online. I think that if online gaming picks up then many game console makers will jump to the custom and create a option to play games online but only if there is enough customers.
Tue 11/12/01 at 23:35
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Yep, dam BT!!!
Tue 11/12/01 at 23:34
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
In fact, what you're saying is that online gaming will not take off in THIS COUNTRY.

All the other big game buyers have online 24/7 broadband links (America, Japan), and online gaming will certainly take off there

Sonic
Tue 11/12/01 at 21:43
Regular
I think that although Nintendo won't do much for an online network, independant companies like Rare might set up their own server for gamesplayers.

That way, we could play across their network against anyone who accesses it.

Also, companies like Sega are releasing their games multiformat. If Sega are running the server's across all formats, we'll be able to take down those Playstation 2 and Xbox owning scum!

Console Wars!!!

:-D
Tue 11/12/01 at 21:03
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Yep

Nintendo will not have a network allowing us to play people anywhere, it's going to be a local netowork for local people, so in reality you will have to phone your mate up before hand to tell him to go online and play him. I'm not sure how 'local' it will be and in what radius you will be allowed to play people but surely being able to play anyone anywhere is kinda the point of Online gaming? Playing the best of the best and so on.

Thankfully Sega will have their servers up and ready for the consoles launch so all is not lost, oh and it's not that expensive to play online, about the cost of a local call.
Tue 11/12/01 at 18:36
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Honestly I dont think online gaming will take off with this generation of consoles, but I could be wrong.

The reason I think this is because Nintendo have said that they havent planned anything definat yet regarding online gaming. So there wont be many games out for it, and the network wont be fully ready.

But then again games such as Sega's PSO, use their own network. Also as long as we have to pay high phone line, network, and instalation cost it will never be as big as it could be.

We could all hope Nintendo are doing what they have done in the past. That is saying "Oh we arent going to do that" then a month or two later they reveal they have been working on it for ages. And they suddenly have a all singing and dancing title. I sure hope this is true!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.