GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecubes future"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/03/03 at 11:20
Regular
Its looking mighty rosy after this weeks news of the 60% increase in GC sales - maybe its down to Argos and Dixons Price drops, maybe its down to Metroid Prime.
Anyway these new GC owners have a lot to look forward to aswell as having a whole bunch a great games already.
Metroid Prime - BEST. GAME. EVER.
Super Mario Sunshine - Best game on cube before MP.
Smash Bros. - Nintendo punchups galore.
Waverace - personally the only decent jet ski franchise and this ones the best version.
Pikmin - Pure genius.
Eternal Darkness - Best survival horror type game ever.
RE and Resi 0 - Pure Resident Evil magic.
Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2 - Its been said before but I'll say it again, Monkeys, Balls, Monkeys in balls, what more could you ask for.
PSO - Online gaming in one of its best forms.
Sonic Mega Collection - Sonic on Nintendo, and great retro fun.
Rogue Leader - one of the only decent Star Wars games of recent times.
Animal Crossing - endearing life sim, Import only though)

games for the future:
Zelda Wind waker - another contender for best game ever.
FF Crystal Chronicles - Finally FF is back on Nintendo.
Wario World - intriguing game with Wario in it.
Unity - weird but interesting.
Ikaruga - Second best shooter ever next to radiant silvergun.
Sonic Adventure DX - game gear sonic games included.
Plus others like MGS, Mario 128, Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime 2, Starfox Armada, Resi 4, PN03, Killer 7, the list could get really long.

And to top it all off theres GBA connectivity.

Long live the GC - it truly deserves it.
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> plasticcoated wrote:
> Yeah, it needs something with the crude, cool factor that only comes
> with something GTA or the Getaway.
>
> Why does everyone think that for a console to be special it needs the
> likes of GTA or Vice City? I have certainly managed without them!
> Anyway we have the likes of Hitman 2 coming soon, so my comment is
> "pffft!"

Hitman 2 sucks. Why is it so hyped?
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:39
Regular
Nintendo-They are all into abstract and mind-blowing consoles!!!!!

When I walked down the stairs this morning, and peered into my "games room" i noticed how weird and wonderful Nintendo make their consoles. Just picture the classic, well designed, colourful Nintendo 64 next to another classic, and a gigantec rival of Nintendos: The Playstation.
The Playstation is so boring and dull, a school boy could have easily designed somthing so dreary, it's a bit of a humdrum to be honest!!
Where as the Nintendo 64 looks different from every angle, and amazingly abnormal. The colours may not be bright, but it does light up the mind a bit, it is imaginary!!

Plus it dosn't just stop at the console, the software it also out of this world; the bulkiness of the N64 cartridge, how miniature the disk of the Game Cube is.
I hope they never stop having such unaccountable ideas, the novelty should live on forever.
Wed 26/03/03 at 17:17
Regular
"the burning sky"
plasticcoated wrote:
> Yeah, it needs something with the crude, cool factor that only comes
> with something GTA or the Getaway.

Why does everyone think that for a console to be special it needs the likes of GTA or Vice City? I have certainly managed without them! Anyway we have the likes of Hitman 2 coming soon, so my comment is "pffft!"
Wed 26/03/03 at 11:33
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Yeah, it needs something with the crude, cool factor that only comes with something GTA or the Getaway.
Wed 26/03/03 at 11:30
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Unfortunatley, it doesn't have the 'cool factor'. Something needed to promote the console to the shee... masses.
Wed 26/03/03 at 11:23
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Well there is Winning Eleven Evoltion 6 or whatever its called - thats basically Pro Evo 2 on GC.
Wed 26/03/03 at 11:22
Regular
"Omnipresent"
Unfortunatley, it doesn't have Pro Evo 2. A title needed to promote the the console to the shee... masses.
Wed 26/03/03 at 11:20
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Its looking mighty rosy after this weeks news of the 60% increase in GC sales - maybe its down to Argos and Dixons Price drops, maybe its down to Metroid Prime.
Anyway these new GC owners have a lot to look forward to aswell as having a whole bunch a great games already.
Metroid Prime - BEST. GAME. EVER.
Super Mario Sunshine - Best game on cube before MP.
Smash Bros. - Nintendo punchups galore.
Waverace - personally the only decent jet ski franchise and this ones the best version.
Pikmin - Pure genius.
Eternal Darkness - Best survival horror type game ever.
RE and Resi 0 - Pure Resident Evil magic.
Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2 - Its been said before but I'll say it again, Monkeys, Balls, Monkeys in balls, what more could you ask for.
PSO - Online gaming in one of its best forms.
Sonic Mega Collection - Sonic on Nintendo, and great retro fun.
Rogue Leader - one of the only decent Star Wars games of recent times.
Animal Crossing - endearing life sim, Import only though)

games for the future:
Zelda Wind waker - another contender for best game ever.
FF Crystal Chronicles - Finally FF is back on Nintendo.
Wario World - intriguing game with Wario in it.
Unity - weird but interesting.
Ikaruga - Second best shooter ever next to radiant silvergun.
Sonic Adventure DX - game gear sonic games included.
Plus others like MGS, Mario 128, Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime 2, Starfox Armada, Resi 4, PN03, Killer 7, the list could get really long.

And to top it all off theres GBA connectivity.

Long live the GC - it truly deserves it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.