GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony-The only way to play!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/12/01 at 18:31
Regular
Most of the people should be like me, you have previously owned a PS1 and you have played it over a 1000 times and are not bored of it and you want a change.

You go to your local game store and you go and buy your self a supposedly next-gen console like a N64 or a Dreamcast (1999 by the way), you take it home and you play the games the graphics are good, but the feeling isn't there you don't want to play on it for more than an hour at a time.

You go back to play on your PS1 and you play on one of the simple games (GTA2) and you get what.....2 hours out of it. 18 months down the line you go and buy a PS2 and you get a game like GTA3 or Red Faction and you play it till the cows come home.

Does anyone agree with me?
Thu 13/12/01 at 08:56
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
If you do live in America you want to go to the shops before christmas as I have heard they might be releasing Final Fantasy 10 before christmas.
Wed 12/12/01 at 22:48
That dates for the American relese.
Wed 12/12/01 at 22:43
Okay, you were right about theMetal Gear Gear, but it sure does seem that long. Anyway I understood what you said, I was just messin' with ya.

Also, I think Final Fantasy X comes out on the 26 of this month.
Wed 12/12/01 at 08:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
If you have had MGS2 for 2 months you must be living in your own world as it came out 14th November in America so thats only about 1 month ago, unless it seems that long ago. Final Fantasy isnt out here(UK) till about May/June next year probably. So I think that you must live in America or get all the import games.

All I was saying about newbie and long term was that there are so many must have games on the PS2, that new owners e.g. Getting there PS2 at christmas, have alot of games to get. Where as the people who have owned it for a few months or longer already have a lot of the must have games already with only the few that have come out nearer christmas they havent got, due to the fact that they are having them as christmas presents.
Wed 12/12/01 at 06:44
So, Adrian what does that make me? I've had all of those games that you brought up for awhile and I have even had Metal Gear Solid 2: SOL for about 2 months now. I must be in the old term category. Of course I still play them but I don't know what to get for Christmas, I pretty much have everything but Final Fantasy X and State of Emergency which I can't get until after Christmas. What am I to do?
Tue 11/12/01 at 22:58
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
oh rite, i c what u mean now.
Tue 11/12/01 at 22:45
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
What I meant by newbie was people who are getting a PS2 this christmas. Long term means people who have one now. The people who have one now like me, ssxpro, Pro Evo, Kid Rock and you(ruckus) e.t.c. Already have games like GTA3, GT3, Silent Hill 2. We will be getting Tony Hawks 3, SSX Tricky, Jak and Daxter and DMC for christmas. Maybe only 2 or 3 as we already own them. People who get there PS2 at christmas have games like GTA3, GT3, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Silent Hill 2 e.t.c to get aswell as all the top games, because they have only just got there PS2 and have missed out on these top games.

Hope I cleared this up ruckus, didnt mean to offend anyone, suppose I should have explained what I meant better.
Tue 11/12/01 at 22:38
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
y only 2 or 3 for long term ps2 owners, y so many for ps2 noobies. ive had a ps2 for 8 or 9 months (ok not the start but i dont fell like a noobie as i have had most of the games which came out early on) and i have bought a lot of ps2 games in the last two weeks:

pro evo soccer
half life
ssx tricky
silent hill2
twisted metal : black
robot wars
fifa 2002 (but i took it back)

and im still planning on getting thps3 and max payne.

so just cause your a ps2 veteran dont mean u will wont to buy less games, i think most peoples list is like mine only minus a few and add jak an dax or smackdown 3
Tue 11/12/01 at 19:15
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
DC had some great games that were better than PS1 games. I could easily play on that more than an hour at a time. N64 had good games, but they were expensive and only 2 good games a year. My DC will be played alot over christmas as I will be getting Shenmue 2. Also getting Jak and Daxter, DMC and THPS3. PS1 had tons of great games and now the PS2 is following in the foot steps of its little brother. Sony know that to keep people interested they need to release at least 1 or 2 triple A titles for us to go WOW at. They started off shaky but this christmas sees at least 10 must buy games for PS2 newbies and at least 3 or 4 for us long time PS2 owners.
Tue 11/12/01 at 18:54
Regular
big_slow wrote:
> cows still havnt come home for me.
*unpauses game and carries on playing*

hur hur hur....:-( i am appalled, *slaps face*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.