GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is online gaming really the future?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/08/00 at 14:16
Regular
Can a medium where you get to virtually shoot someone over a phoneline really take over from real life? I don't think it can as nothing beats nature. It's not natural for someone (especially a child) to sit in front of a monitor for hours, when they could be outside getting some fresh air. Will this online gaming phenomenom lead to overweight, ill looking, pasty faced people of the future? Oh, hang on...that sounds like your average computer nerd anyway! God save us all.
Tue 29/08/00 at 14:16
Can a medium where you get to virtually shoot someone over a phoneline really take over from real life? I don't think it can as nothing beats nature. It's not natural for someone (especially a child) to sit in front of a monitor for hours, when they could be outside getting some fresh air. Will this online gaming phenomenom lead to overweight, ill looking, pasty faced people of the future? Oh, hang on...that sounds like your average computer nerd anyway! God save us all.
Tue 29/08/00 at 20:38
no, everyone will look like the Necromancer in Diablo2. Pale skin because of years away from natural sunlight, not fat because of all the exercise they get on their virtual reality devices and we'll all have the ability to raise the dead.... well maybe not the last one.
Wed 30/08/00 at 14:19
Regular
"not dead"
The old online gaming debate again!. What's the difference between sitting playing indoors with friends for hours and sitting indoors alone for hours. Either way you need to get out more often. I think that you didn't really have much to say about online gaming so you came up with something that an old man might say....
Anyhow does anyone think that with ADSL being released to the general public (10 times faster internet access) people will make the most of it. Will online gaming be more popular if it is faster? Will you download more demo's or shareware as you won't have to wait for as long to get it. ADSL is not much more expensive than using a dial-up method, especially if you have a separate telephone line for internet access, so will it help online gaming?
Thu 31/08/00 at 14:11
You're right BJ, I didn't have anything better to do, I just wanted a free game. And what if I am an old man! Think about it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.