GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mark Metal Gear?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/12/01 at 08:40
Regular
Metal Gear Solid 2 is soon to be released on our shores, but people are already talking about the 3rd installment to the series. If there is one, and it's on PS2, surely, it would just be an improvement of the 2nd Metal Gear Solid. Let's take a look at the details.

Metal Gear Solid: the game that shocked the gaming community. I doubt that anyone reading this topic has never heard of Metal Gear Solid. It is regarded as one of the best games of all time, perhaps the best!

Metal Gear Solid appeared on the Playstation in March 1999. It had been in development for around 3 years (at least!) and although wasn’t as anticipated as games like Zelda 64 and Final Fantasy 8, was looking very promising. Back in 1997, magazines were full of shots of the game, dubbed as a stealth/action game. Very little was known, apart from the fact that the game was part of a series of games that started on the NES. The magazines that had played it were excited by the gameplay. The mere fact that you had to hide from guards and use tactics showed early on a level of detail that had never been exploited in a videogame.

The game is fantastic. The only downside is the length of the game. People will be gagging for more when they complete it!

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty: the 2nd and long-awaited sequel to the highest-anticipated game of all time - Metal Gear Solid. The ending of the first game may have left the player on tender hooks, but Snake is back for another outing with the terrorists.

Decked out in all his 128bit glory, Snake will have to battle through many locations, including a boat and New York City. Revolver Ocelot is back in the saddle to wreak havoc on New York City, and this time, he has a sinister plan. A new model of Metal Gear Rex has been built, and he prepares to wipe out not only Snake, but New York City itself.

With enhanced graphics and sound, this is a cracker!

Now, there's a mini-review of both games for you, but if there is a 3rd MGS, what will it be like? What will the graphics be like? Will the sound be able to be enhanced any more? Will Hideo Kojima still be the front man? Who knows...

Watch this space.

Thanks for reading.
Firebalt.
Tue 12/04/11 at 09:03
Regular
"Oktane Racers"
The thread for all your audio questions
Thu 13/12/01 at 22:53
Surely Kojima San is now reported to have said... "this won't be Snake's last adventure, there will be further mgs games"

Also, the first metal gear games didn't appear on the snes at all. aside from that, the topic was weak and bland, it inaccurately told us a bunch of stuff we already new.

think i could do better? why yes i do. will i? no, mocking other people is a full time job already thanks.
Wed 12/12/01 at 00:05
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
You don't say anything about the original Metal Gear games on the SNES!!!! There have been 4 games in the series:

Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2

Sonic
Tue 11/12/01 at 09:52
Regular
Kojima did state at one point that this would be the last MGS game. But with money involved, i doubt that is likely. Just probably a publicity stunt to hype this game out more.

I just hope they font spoil the franchise that is MGS. Just keep it to one game a console.
Tue 11/12/01 at 08:40
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Metal Gear Solid 2 is soon to be released on our shores, but people are already talking about the 3rd installment to the series. If there is one, and it's on PS2, surely, it would just be an improvement of the 2nd Metal Gear Solid. Let's take a look at the details.

Metal Gear Solid: the game that shocked the gaming community. I doubt that anyone reading this topic has never heard of Metal Gear Solid. It is regarded as one of the best games of all time, perhaps the best!

Metal Gear Solid appeared on the Playstation in March 1999. It had been in development for around 3 years (at least!) and although wasn’t as anticipated as games like Zelda 64 and Final Fantasy 8, was looking very promising. Back in 1997, magazines were full of shots of the game, dubbed as a stealth/action game. Very little was known, apart from the fact that the game was part of a series of games that started on the NES. The magazines that had played it were excited by the gameplay. The mere fact that you had to hide from guards and use tactics showed early on a level of detail that had never been exploited in a videogame.

The game is fantastic. The only downside is the length of the game. People will be gagging for more when they complete it!

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty: the 2nd and long-awaited sequel to the highest-anticipated game of all time - Metal Gear Solid. The ending of the first game may have left the player on tender hooks, but Snake is back for another outing with the terrorists.

Decked out in all his 128bit glory, Snake will have to battle through many locations, including a boat and New York City. Revolver Ocelot is back in the saddle to wreak havoc on New York City, and this time, he has a sinister plan. A new model of Metal Gear Rex has been built, and he prepares to wipe out not only Snake, but New York City itself.

With enhanced graphics and sound, this is a cracker!

Now, there's a mini-review of both games for you, but if there is a 3rd MGS, what will it be like? What will the graphics be like? Will the sound be able to be enhanced any more? Will Hideo Kojima still be the front man? Who knows...

Watch this space.

Thanks for reading.
Firebalt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.