GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 3: The longest game ever?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/12/01 at 05:09
Regular
Has anyone accually beat Gran Turismo 3 (without cheating) or have just found yourself getting bored of running a two hour race and comming in second? I have finnally defeated all of the endurance races and am now going to go back and finish the rest of the pro level. I am also proud to say that I have my garage full! It holds exactly 200 cars and none of my car are the same. I love the formula 1 cars I have all of them and a couple more special cars that are very fast and steer good.

I wish I could get the Pikes Peak to hold the road, I got it up to 808 mph! Will just say that I saved that replay
Tue 11/12/01 at 05:09
Has anyone accually beat Gran Turismo 3 (without cheating) or have just found yourself getting bored of running a two hour race and comming in second? I have finnally defeated all of the endurance races and am now going to go back and finish the rest of the pro level. I am also proud to say that I have my garage full! It holds exactly 200 cars and none of my car are the same. I love the formula 1 cars I have all of them and a couple more special cars that are very fast and steer good.

I wish I could get the Pikes Peak to hold the road, I got it up to 808 mph! Will just say that I saved that replay
Tue 11/12/01 at 10:19
Regular
"Back For Good"
I finished the 3 arcade modes but the GT mode doesn't appeal to me, ok you can upgrade your car and customize it and all that but most of the time your driving with a rubbish (slow) car that you don't like just to earn more money :-(
Tue 11/12/01 at 10:48
Regular
YOu only have to race the crappy slow cars for a little while. Really, its worth doing it to get onto the more faster races. Altough, at times i was doing the the test course just to earn cash...which is very very boring.

Maybe its only for racing game fans, though i must admit i am a huge driving game fan but i got bored of this after a few weeks. But that was after doing a few too many endurance races...

I think SSXpro from the Sony forum has more or less completed the game, not quite sure if he got exactly 100% though.
Tue 11/12/01 at 12:42
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
ResÆvilfan wrote:
> I finished the 3 arcade modes but the GT mode doesn't appeal to me, ok you can
> upgrade your car and customize it and all that but most of the time your driving
> with a rubbish (slow) car that you don't like just to earn more money :-(

i cant beleive that GT mode does not appeal to you...its the nuts and bolts of GT3
Tue 11/12/01 at 13:45
Regular
got bored with it after a month.But i'm not gonna get rid of it cos its still a decent multiplayer game
Tue 11/12/01 at 16:43
I have had my GT3 for ever and I still do play it just not like I used to. I used to sit and play for days at a time but now I find myself just racing one race and then quiting. I will beat it though it is my goal before the year is out and if I don't beat it by then I will make it my New Year's resolution to beat it. I will keep this game around, no doubt.
Tue 11/12/01 at 19:53
Regular
"¬_¬"
I don't know, I played Final Fantasy 8 for 79 hours, getting everyone to level 100, and have played through it twice.
Tue 11/12/01 at 19:55
Regular
Solid_Rowlett wrote:
I
> used to sit and play for days at a time

Flippin heck, must be some game.
Tue 11/12/01 at 21:15
yeah i got this game and i hate at first when u have to get a crappy car but when you go towards the end it always makes up for the effort. NEVER CHEAT IT SPOILS GAME!!!!(although i do sometimes:)
Tue 11/12/01 at 23:24
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
as the subject said GT3 being the longest game ever well though final fantasy 7 had 72 hours of game time that has to be longer

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.