GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any one got a maxx pc"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/12/01 at 00:12
Regular
i was wondering do any of you guys have a maxx pc ??? have you had any trouble with them, what do you think of there build quality

C.b.
Thu 13/12/01 at 21:38
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
I got a 1000mhz Athlon Maxx in February and I'm averagely happy.... The modem isn't up to much (certainly in comparrison to the one in my old pee cee), the customer service i recieved was awful - i had a problem with my CDRW drive - it wouldnt burn cdrw discs - and the bloke in the shop told me i "must have been using it wrong" - despite my insistence that I knew how to use a CDRW (got one on my other machine) he refused to do anything about the problem, claiming nothing was wrong. i fixed it myself eventually by updating the Firmware.

When I purchased the machine I ordered an aditional 128mb of ram to be fitted (making a total of 256mb) - rather than getting a single chip it was fitted as 1 x "128mb @ 100mhz" and 1x "128mb @ 133mhz" which causes it to crash more than you can imagine!!!

I dont know if my experiences are typical but i would not recommend their machines based on MY personal experience.

(if anyone feels like slating me based on what ive written, well, dont... this is just the experience ive had with SR.)
Thu 13/12/01 at 14:39
"High polygon count"
I do read here occasionally! :-)

I've had 3 MAXX PC's - all top-of-the-range when I got them. The first was a Pentium 150, then a Pentium 3 500, and now a P4 1.7GHz.

I only ever had two problems - one was a dodgy RAM DIMM, the other was a faulty motherboard. But SR's on-site warranty service is excellent.

I'd thoroughly recommend them to anyone.
Thu 13/12/01 at 14:10
Hi,

I bought a MAXX PC PIII 800 back in April this year and it's been fine. Very easy to work on and upgrade, and comes with a very high spec ( shame they don't have Audigy cards on board yet ).

I've since upgraded the hardware on board with a 64 Mb card and Audigy sound card and apart from a few problems with the drivers had no problems what so ever.

Cheers,
Tue 11/12/01 at 21:52
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I know that someone called Wookiee Monster has a Maxx PC. He doesn't post here (I think!). Maybe if you go to the FOG Worlds longest thread, you might find him. He's a notable so it'll be easy to spot.
Don't start a new topic as it may be conisdered as spam.
Tue 11/12/01 at 00:12
i was wondering do any of you guys have a maxx pc ??? have you had any trouble with them, what do you think of there build quality

C.b.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.