GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 and the internet?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/12/01 at 22:09
Regular
i read some where that you can go and play online with tony hawk 3 on PS2.

my question is can you chose your ISP like a PC or is it like the DC with cacky sega world as it's ISP.

Also as there is no offcial kinda modem is it possible to use a usb modem from a pc?

oh and are there any more games due for realse that are gunna have an online play mode?

so many questions that need so many answers :)
Sat 09/04/11 at 10:37
Regular
"Mistakes happen"
Ready and able

Still not sure of this one
Tue 11/12/01 at 21:36
Well best to wait for Broadband modem from sony or like tomuk says just get a third party modem. but if u get broadband you will soon download movies and games:)
Tue 11/12/01 at 21:12
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
You can use certain USB modems that thps3 will work with, these are listed in the manual. You can also use the sony one when its released (although I'm not sure which ISP you use for the sony modem).

When you connect the modem you type in YOU OWN, ISP phone number, username and password, so you connect to the same ISP as your PC. The online gaming is run by GameSpy, the same company that hosts online gaming for the PC, so thats probably why you use your PC ISP.

There, sorted.
Tue 11/12/01 at 18:55
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I've seen a screen shot of the selection screen in THPS3 and there is an option for a USB Modem. The internal modem may be supported but you can also get a normal USB modem.
Tue 11/12/01 at 18:14
Regular
"Bah"
Ok - heres how it works, the agem company that makes TH3 have already got a ethernet service, but most ppl dont even know what that is or havent got it (i havent). The second option they are brining out is a modem for internal use of the PS2. It gives you the speed of normal gameplay with just a bit of slowdown every 3 mins or slow (its gonna say waitn for other players etc) and you will connect to the game developers host site where they will let you choose to play/ spectate etc , although all thsi is in the prototype stages and modems will not hit the UK till March priced at about £30, also maybe needing a HDD for some small downlaods.Hope that helps, but dont worry TH3 is blinding without the net, get a m8 and have fun!
MM
Mon 10/12/01 at 22:49
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
You have to use a USB modem or Ethernet adapter if your lucky enough to have broadband internet. I dont know about ISP's, I would assume it connects to there service as its only used for Tony Hawks 3. So it maybe a local rate call or they may charge a bit more.
Mon 10/12/01 at 22:09
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
i read some where that you can go and play online with tony hawk 3 on PS2.

my question is can you chose your ISP like a PC or is it like the DC with cacky sega world as it's ISP.

Also as there is no offcial kinda modem is it possible to use a usb modem from a pc?

oh and are there any more games due for realse that are gunna have an online play mode?

so many questions that need so many answers :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.