GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The case for games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/12/01 at 20:38
Regular
Gaming. It’s a way of life isn’t it? I mean sit me down all day on my PS2 and I’d love it. So many games out there at the moment and so little time to play them all, how can I possibly get bored of games?

Gaming has brought joy to millions upon millions of people, even though there are plenty of games about killing, it actually makes you calmer, stopping real violence on the streets by letting you get your aggression out on a fictional character. Fantastic! Now all we need to do is get the government to provide free consoles and it will solve all our violence problems, no more looting and shooting, no sir, they’ll all be playing their (free) copy of GTA3 instead of doing all those nasty things in real life.

Games pods should be put in hospitals to keep everyone amused, a great big network game of Gran Turismo between the beds would rock and weight loss clinics could install Dance Dance Revolution mats, that would get those pounds off! Games can be the answer to all of life’s problems, unemployment? Well the more people playing games the more we will need people making, packing and selling games.

Marriage guidance? Nah, all you need is a good workout in Goldeneye or Timesplitters and the winner gets to make the decision, and we all know how good girls are at fighting games, don’t we, so just let them beat you at Tekken and there will be harmony between the sexes. Can’t understand what your other half is saying? They could build a game for that, they can build a game for anything there days.

There are so many possibilities for the future of gaming and as soon as the rest of the public realise what they have been missing, then the sooner this society will function that much better. Homeless people? Provide games shelters, it will soon get them coming inside when they can play free arcade games of Crazy Taxi. Euros? Why not trade in games instead, with a Phantasy Star style translator you need never be stuck for foreign words again!

So write to your MP now and insist on games power for the people, you know it makes sense.
Fri 14/12/01 at 20:13
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
12th - still better than mine! :D

I'm on 5, although it says 4 under my name. That'll be because I used to be called Agathie, and won once under that name.

Anywho, even though this post is rather short, it was well written and deserved the win.
What else from ol' pb, eh?

SHOCKY
Fri 14/12/01 at 19:11
"possibly impossible"
12th game, Shocky, the rest were DVDs! Shortest GAD win? No, Grix did a really short and really witty post about 5 months back that won and there were plenty of other small but perfectly formed winners...Devil may Curry anyone?
Fri 14/12/01 at 15:27
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Congratulations, pb - 25th game for absolutely nothin' :D

Although, I'd have to say that this has to be one of the shortest winning posts I have ever seen!

Well done

SHOCKY
Wed 12/12/01 at 19:33
"possibly impossible"
½pint wrote:
> Strange, that gameaday winning thing sounds a lot like the speech which I did in
> English about bringing Video-games into schools.

Wait a few weeks and write it here, it might just win!

Anyway, cheers for the replies. Although this was partly written in jest, the underlying message is still relevant in that games can be more help than harm in society and that there are plenty of people around that could do with a damn good workout on a dance mat!

Actually, I was thinking of getting one of those mats myself, seeing as all that Christmas feasting is coming up and SR is selling the game and mat for £29.99 at the moment.
Wed 12/12/01 at 18:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Congrats on another GAD win pb. 25 now. Great stuff.
Wed 12/12/01 at 17:20
Regular
"¬_¬"
Strange, that gameaday winning thing sounds a lot like the speech which I did in English about bringing Video-games into schools.
Wed 12/12/01 at 17:17
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Congrats on yet another GAD win there pb

What's that now?...25 is it?

Fantastic

Weldone m8

ps - Don't keep it up - LOL
Wed 12/12/01 at 13:27
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
No surprise there then : )

Well done PB, well deserved. Who many is that now? My monkey can't count high enough, not enough fingers and toes anymore. : )
Tue 11/12/01 at 13:59
"Can't we all just... get along?"

Ah, that was a good one, be one with Yuri.

I don't see why Tony Hart never collaborated with the guy that did Art Attack to do...

One day perhaps the world will be decent, but really was it that great to start with and by what should we judge?
Tue 11/12/01 at 13:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Gronti_v wrote:
Some say they hate
> society for oppressing them and yet they don't go and live in a jungle somewhere
> or create their own way of life far away without trying to oppress everyone else
> into their own idea of society.

Some do, yet organisations like the BATF and FBI insist on burning them down and screaming about "child abuse" going on.
Davidian tastic.

I'm setting up my own colony ,and I shall name it "Excellent-Land" where Brian Blessed is Prime Minister and Tony Hart is the Minister of Interiors.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.