GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big Willie Style."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/12/01 at 18:41
Regular
Some people when they think of Will Smith will see a huge ego, sure I'd have a massive ego if I was that succesfull.
The guy has been a recording artist, a television star and a film star.
It all started out with the music in Philly, Will was a MC and he teamed up with a very talented Dj Jeff Townes aka Jazzy Jeff, they went on to be DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. After a while they became millionaires but then lost most of it in taxes.
Then came Wills next big break, a producer of a new television show saw JJ+FP's video for the song Parents just don't understand, he spotted some talent there and signed Will for the show The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, Will had little acting experience and once pointed out in the first episodes he did you could see him mouthing the words of the other actors so he would know when to do his lines, since those early episodes his acting got better and has taken him into movies. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air still airs on american tv today in its repeated form and is still as good as it was all those years ago.
I am still trying to get hold of some of JJ+FP early albums like He's the DJ I'm the Rapper, Homebase and some others.
Onto the music: It was back in 1993 at christmas (about the time Alladin was huge in the cinemas) that I heard Boom Shake the Room on the radio that remains my favourite Will Smith song to date. It was a long time before I heard any more of their stuff but it was worth the wait (I'm not sure if Summertime came before or after BStR) Summertime still reminds me of those hot summer days doing nothing just chilling out. Going back in time to some of their earlier songs, there were some good ones there like Girls of the World aint Nothing but Trouble which starts out like this:
"Listen home boys don't mean to bust your bubble, but girls of the world aint nothing but trouble....."
that song sampled the theme tune to I dream of jenie. There was also I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson and of course Parents Just Don't Undestand.
Onto the more recent hits:
Men in Black the movie and song helped to shift a lot of Ray Bans,
Just Cruisin' follwed the success of MiB and reminds me of those hot summers evenings driving around in a car with the windows open. These were released on the very sucessful album Big Willie Style Will Smith's first solo album under his real name on this album were the hits as mentioned above and also Gettin Jiggy With It, Miami and Just the 2 of Us (which triggers memories of the Mini Me and Doctor Evil Duet in Austin Powers 2).
Most recently Willenium was released With the hits Will 2K, Freak This and Wild Wild West (sampling a Stevie Wonder track and featuring Sisqo). The album has other decent songs on it too like Da Butta, La Fiesta,Uhhhh,can you feel me, Who am I and Afro Angel all of which will never get a single release.
Now up to date with the music Will has been recording some new material in NewYork City and will be releasing a new single around the time that Men in Black 2 hits the movie screens and a new album will follow that.
Briefly onto his movie career so far:
Made in America (a role as the daughters boyfriend and a scene where he gos to a sperm bank, Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson also star)
Six Degrees of Separation (Plays one of the central roles in this film, as someone pretending to be Sidney Poitiers son, good acting in this film)
Bad Boys (one of my favourite films "everyone wanna be like Mike" great action comedy from Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer, Martin lawrence and Tea Leoni also star)
Independance Day (a gung ho the americans will destroy the seamingly invincible aliens movie, good entertainment, decent special effects, Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman also star)
Men in Black (Aliens are all around us in this movie, Tommy lee Jones and Linda Fiorentino also in it)
Wild Wild West (got a slightly bad reception by the critics, but a decent film none the less, Kevin Kline Selma Hayek also star)
Enemy of The State (longish film with Gene Hackman, good ending
Legend of Bagger Vance (not seen this one yet, golf is in it somewhere, also stars Charlize Theron and Matt Damon)
And released on christmas day in the states Ali (the Mohammed Ali movie tipped for some oscar action at the next academy awards)

And so that concludes my post on Will Smith (I was told his first name was Willard, heard that on challenge ant). In finnshing I wil say "I salute you Will Smith"

To finnish with:
Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down, and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel air............ .
Tue 11/12/01 at 18:16
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
there was some "old skool" stuff on the willenium album with Jazzy Jeff.
Tue 11/12/01 at 16:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
hur hur...Big Wilie...
Tue 11/12/01 at 16:16
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I like his I want to rock song. from back in the old school days with jazzy jeff.
Tue 11/12/01 at 13:59
Regular
"..."
Fresh Prince rocks! I still have 4 VHS tapes full of it!
check this out..

http://www.warnerbros.co.uk/television/freshprince/index2.html
Mon 10/12/01 at 18:41
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Some people when they think of Will Smith will see a huge ego, sure I'd have a massive ego if I was that succesfull.
The guy has been a recording artist, a television star and a film star.
It all started out with the music in Philly, Will was a MC and he teamed up with a very talented Dj Jeff Townes aka Jazzy Jeff, they went on to be DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince. After a while they became millionaires but then lost most of it in taxes.
Then came Wills next big break, a producer of a new television show saw JJ+FP's video for the song Parents just don't understand, he spotted some talent there and signed Will for the show The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, Will had little acting experience and once pointed out in the first episodes he did you could see him mouthing the words of the other actors so he would know when to do his lines, since those early episodes his acting got better and has taken him into movies. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air still airs on american tv today in its repeated form and is still as good as it was all those years ago.
I am still trying to get hold of some of JJ+FP early albums like He's the DJ I'm the Rapper, Homebase and some others.
Onto the music: It was back in 1993 at christmas (about the time Alladin was huge in the cinemas) that I heard Boom Shake the Room on the radio that remains my favourite Will Smith song to date. It was a long time before I heard any more of their stuff but it was worth the wait (I'm not sure if Summertime came before or after BStR) Summertime still reminds me of those hot summer days doing nothing just chilling out. Going back in time to some of their earlier songs, there were some good ones there like Girls of the World aint Nothing but Trouble which starts out like this:
"Listen home boys don't mean to bust your bubble, but girls of the world aint nothing but trouble....."
that song sampled the theme tune to I dream of jenie. There was also I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson and of course Parents Just Don't Undestand.
Onto the more recent hits:
Men in Black the movie and song helped to shift a lot of Ray Bans,
Just Cruisin' follwed the success of MiB and reminds me of those hot summers evenings driving around in a car with the windows open. These were released on the very sucessful album Big Willie Style Will Smith's first solo album under his real name on this album were the hits as mentioned above and also Gettin Jiggy With It, Miami and Just the 2 of Us (which triggers memories of the Mini Me and Doctor Evil Duet in Austin Powers 2).
Most recently Willenium was released With the hits Will 2K, Freak This and Wild Wild West (sampling a Stevie Wonder track and featuring Sisqo). The album has other decent songs on it too like Da Butta, La Fiesta,Uhhhh,can you feel me, Who am I and Afro Angel all of which will never get a single release.
Now up to date with the music Will has been recording some new material in NewYork City and will be releasing a new single around the time that Men in Black 2 hits the movie screens and a new album will follow that.
Briefly onto his movie career so far:
Made in America (a role as the daughters boyfriend and a scene where he gos to a sperm bank, Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson also star)
Six Degrees of Separation (Plays one of the central roles in this film, as someone pretending to be Sidney Poitiers son, good acting in this film)
Bad Boys (one of my favourite films "everyone wanna be like Mike" great action comedy from Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer, Martin lawrence and Tea Leoni also star)
Independance Day (a gung ho the americans will destroy the seamingly invincible aliens movie, good entertainment, decent special effects, Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman also star)
Men in Black (Aliens are all around us in this movie, Tommy lee Jones and Linda Fiorentino also in it)
Wild Wild West (got a slightly bad reception by the critics, but a decent film none the less, Kevin Kline Selma Hayek also star)
Enemy of The State (longish film with Gene Hackman, good ending
Legend of Bagger Vance (not seen this one yet, golf is in it somewhere, also stars Charlize Theron and Matt Damon)
And released on christmas day in the states Ali (the Mohammed Ali movie tipped for some oscar action at the next academy awards)

And so that concludes my post on Will Smith (I was told his first name was Willard, heard that on challenge ant). In finnshing I wil say "I salute you Will Smith"

To finnish with:
Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down, and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel air............ .

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.