GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sending emails from the website"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/03/11 at 20:38
Regular
I want to send email newsletters from my website to club members. Will this be possible?

I ask because I think I had to set up my 'Contact Us' form to send to an email address on my website and then set up a redirect to the real destination.
Sun 27/03/11 at 20:38
Regular
I want to send email newsletters from my website to club members. Will this be possible?

I ask because I think I had to set up my 'Contact Us' form to send to an email address on my website and then set up a redirect to the real destination.
Mon 11/04/11 at 12:05
Regular
I've set up the Joomla extension Communicator to send newsletters to subscribers. It all seems OK, except when I press send nothing is actually delivered. Are there any restrictions on the servers?
Mon 11/04/11 at 13:33
"Are you sure?"
You need a staffie to answer really, or a Joomla user - I'm neither but will have a go :¬)

If this 'Communicator' extension works like a 'formmail' script then with Freeola it might only send to Freeola registered email addresses - the same way formmail works.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 11/04/11 at 13:43
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
As per our terms and conditions I'm afraid you can't use our servers to send out bulk email, which is what you are trying to do. There are services out there designed to do this for you. Our hosting is for hosting websites (which may send a few emails (1 or 2) as most CMS's do this) and not for emailing newsletters or other email campaigns.
Mon 11/04/11 at 13:45
Regular
Thanks for the reply. I'll try another strategy as you suggest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.