GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 advertising Madness!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/12/01 at 16:17
Regular
Well it won't be considered as madness. It will be called good marketing, but has anyone else noticed that PS2 has got an advert for almost every game that will be any good this Christmas.

So far I have seen

Pro Evolution Soccer
Resident Evil : Code Veronica
Devil May Cry
Tony Hawk's 3
Silent Hill 2
Jak & Daxter
Grand Theft Auto
SSX Tricky (the best advert)
Top Gun
Crash Bandicoot
and even World Champ Snooker 2002

Has anyone seen any more or are these all off them?
Wed 12/12/01 at 18:35
Regular
i saw the SSX tricky one loads of times today i think they are wicked
Wed 12/12/01 at 18:33
Regular
"WWJD"
ive seen the SSX Tricky one and the DMC one not seen any other ones don't think
Wed 12/12/01 at 18:25
Regular
I have seen most of them over the last three days LOL.

Jak and Daxter was on THREE times in one commercial break.
Wed 12/12/01 at 17:47
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I've seen the FIFA one now. 3 times in one night. Starting to get boring already. I think the SSX Tricky one is the most shown advert. It was the first PS2 advert that was not strange that I saw and it is still being shown evey day. It is great though. Such a good one. :D
Tue 11/12/01 at 19:25
Regular
"Whatever!"
Ive seen the FIFA 2002 ad too many times!!
Tue 11/12/01 at 19:24
Regular
Cant believe some of ya aint seen the FIFA advert, its probably the most played out of all the adverts. They still advertising it now, even a month after release.
Tue 11/12/01 at 19:17
Regular
"Whatever!"
Thanks for the advice - I will stick with Tony Hawks 3 for the time being!!
Tue 11/12/01 at 19:09
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
opps, last sentence in the last post should be CANT keep up with Trick and THPS3.
Tue 11/12/01 at 19:07
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
MrMatrix is right Tony Hawks is better than Airblade. In Airblade there are 6 levels and you have to complete all the tasks in one go. You need to do tricks to keep your boost up as if you dont you move slower than a snail. The game doesnt push you to do any really amazing tricks, you only need basic tricks to complete the game. THPS3 and SSX Tricky are two examples where you have to learn how to do the hard tricks. I havent got THPS3 yet as thats a christmas present, but in Tricky you have trick books to complete. Each character has a trick book which has 30 tricks in them. When you get about half way through the book the tricks get hard and can take quite a few mins to get right. Any of these two games will be better than Airblade. But Airblade does have some amazing graphics but gameplay is what matters and it can keep up with either Tricky or THPS3.
Tue 11/12/01 at 18:33
Regular
"Bah"
Well its got better graphics tha most games but its really limited and youd be better off with tony hawks 3 if you want thast type of game
MM

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.