GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How to change the title name of a website. "

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/03/11 at 18:08
Regular
Hi, I'm needing a little help. I don't know the proper name for the thing that I'm talking about but I feel that someone on here might know.

I created a website using Instant Pro and after I chose/purchased my domain name it asked me for a name that makes the title of the site. What I'm talking about is the name that people see in the 'tab' on the bottom and top of the computer screen.

I'm just wondering if I can change it without the hassle of deleting my website?

At the moment it says Welcome to "my website name" - brought to you by "my name". I'd like to, if it's possible, shorten it up so just says my website title.

Any info gratefully received.
Fri 25/03/11 at 18:29
Regular
Numnut wrote:
SB23 wrote:
[i]Hi, I'm needing a little help. I don't know the proper name for the thing that I'm talking about but I feel that someone on here might know.

I created a website using Instant Pro and after I chose/purchased my domain name it asked me for a name that makes the title of the site. What I'm talking about is the name that people see in the 'tab' on the bottom and top of the computer screen.

I'm just wondering if I can change it without the hassle of deleting my website?

At the moment it says Welcome to "my website name" - brought to you by "my name". I'd like to, if it's possible, shorten it up so just says my website title.

Hi,

It sounds like you're looking to change the page title - this can be done for each page on your website.

To change the title, open InstantPro from your account and select Page Manager from the site overview screen and then click to edit the relevant page.

Once the text editor has loaded, you'll see that above it are a few extra options, one of these is 'page settings'. Click this link and you'll be able to specify your own page title, and well as meta keywords and a description.[/i]

Many thanks for the quick reply. I've done what you wrote and it works! (First time using websites). Very pleased.

Thanks again.
Fri 25/03/11 at 18:17
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
SB23 wrote:
Hi, I'm needing a little help. I don't know the proper name for the thing that I'm talking about but I feel that someone on here might know.

Hi,

It sounds like you're looking to change the page title - this can be done for each page on your website.

To change the title, open InstantPro from your account and select Page Manager from the site overview screen and then click to edit the relevant page.

Once the text editor has loaded, you'll see that above it are a few extra options, one of these is 'page settings'. Click this link and you'll be able to specify your own page title, and well as meta keywords and a description.
Fri 25/03/11 at 18:08
Regular

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.