GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Firefox 4.0 release - JavaScript not working"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/03/11 at 19:11
Regular
Hi,

Has anyone found JavaScript in Firefox 4.0 to be non-functional? This even happens in FF Safe Mode.

Does anyone have any test sites I could check (or resolutions)?

Thanks,

Neil
Tue 22/03/11 at 19:11
Regular
Hi,

Has anyone found JavaScript in Firefox 4.0 to be non-functional? This even happens in FF Safe Mode.

Does anyone have any test sites I could check (or resolutions)?

Thanks,

Neil
Tue 22/03/11 at 22:54
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
During the beta versions of FF4, Firebug 1.6* was causing Javascript to not function.

If you use Firebug make sure that you upgrade to Firebug 1.7. You could also check the Javascript console to see if you are getting any errors on page load.
Tue 22/03/11 at 23:17
Regular
That is *most* bizarre.

Javascript doesn't execute *until* I open the Console in Firebug 1.7. Then it all loads up and runs.

Huh?!

N.
Wed 23/03/11 at 08:17
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
On every website or just yours? Not console logging (console.log(this)) any of your code are you?
Wed 23/03/11 at 09:31
Regular
It's only come to light on one third party site as far as I can see. 3.6.x was fine on that site.

It appears to be working on mine.

N.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.