GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Diddy Kong Racing DS"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Diddy Kong Racing'.
Thu 10/03/11 at 13:10
"The Videogame King"
It's been quite a while sense I got rid of the game so I can only l remember so many things. I do remember that this was one of the best racing games I had for my Nintendo DS before I got bored with it and also one of the first games I got for my DS. The game involves driving a selection of characters in a selection of vehicles through a virtual island guided by an elephant-like creature named Taj. There you can collect coins to upgrade you vehicle, find hidden prizes or compete in races.

Main Gameplay

The main character is Diddy Kong but you can also play ad other characters such as Tiptup, Dixie Kong, a clock named T.T. (Time Trial) (when you unlock him) or even Taj himself (when you unlock him). On the island, you can drive in a car, a hovercraft or a plane (their are races involving all three vehicles). You can collect coins and balloons, and unlock hidden treasure. I believe the races with airplanes and some of the ones with hovercrafts were hard for me. There is also and evil space pig names Wizpig that you need to save the island from and eventually will need to race. You can also pick up a variety of weapons during the race such as missiles, picking up the same weapon again without using the one you already have will upgrade it. Weapons can be upgraded twice I believe.

Characters

There are several available and unlockable characters to pick from including Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, T.T. (Time Trial), Tiptup, Taj, Wizpig and a chicken named Drumstick. Each character also has there own stats. I usually liked Tiptup the best.

Vehicles

As stated earlier in this review, you can play drive in a hovercraft, car, or plane. You can choose to drive freely around the island or participate in a race.

Adventure Two and Mirror Tracks

By entirely completing adventure one you unlock an adventure two (which seemed it was exactly the same as adventure one) and mirror tracks which are the same as the regular tracks accept they are (from what I remember) backwards.

Wish Mode

Wish mode is a feature that let's you create your own tracks. This feature can be unlocked by successfully beating T.T. In a race. Unfortunately, I think the tracks can only be made in HIS environment. It is still a pretty cool feature.

It's A Remake

This game is a Nintendo DS remake of the 1997 Nintendo 64 game Diddy Kong Racing. Some characters from the original DKR were replaced with new characters.

My Overall Thoughts

This was a fun game when I had it. And even if I did still have it I still wouldn't be able to play it because I broke my DS. It really was a fun game, I played it all the time.

9/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 10/03/11 at 13:10
"The Videogame King"
It's been quite a while sense I got rid of the game so I can only l remember so many things. I do remember that this was one of the best racing games I had for my Nintendo DS before I got bored with it and also one of the first games I got for my DS. The game involves driving a selection of characters in a selection of vehicles through a virtual island guided by an elephant-like creature named Taj. There you can collect coins to upgrade you vehicle, find hidden prizes or compete in races.

Main Gameplay

The main character is Diddy Kong but you can also play ad other characters such as Tiptup, Dixie Kong, a clock named T.T. (Time Trial) (when you unlock him) or even Taj himself (when you unlock him). On the island, you can drive in a car, a hovercraft or a plane (their are races involving all three vehicles). You can collect coins and balloons, and unlock hidden treasure. I believe the races with airplanes and some of the ones with hovercrafts were hard for me. There is also and evil space pig names Wizpig that you need to save the island from and eventually will need to race. You can also pick up a variety of weapons during the race such as missiles, picking up the same weapon again without using the one you already have will upgrade it. Weapons can be upgraded twice I believe.

Characters

There are several available and unlockable characters to pick from including Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, T.T. (Time Trial), Tiptup, Taj, Wizpig and a chicken named Drumstick. Each character also has there own stats. I usually liked Tiptup the best.

Vehicles

As stated earlier in this review, you can play drive in a hovercraft, car, or plane. You can choose to drive freely around the island or participate in a race.

Adventure Two and Mirror Tracks

By entirely completing adventure one you unlock an adventure two (which seemed it was exactly the same as adventure one) and mirror tracks which are the same as the regular tracks accept they are (from what I remember) backwards.

Wish Mode

Wish mode is a feature that let's you create your own tracks. This feature can be unlocked by successfully beating T.T. In a race. Unfortunately, I think the tracks can only be made in HIS environment. It is still a pretty cool feature.

It's A Remake

This game is a Nintendo DS remake of the 1997 Nintendo 64 game Diddy Kong Racing. Some characters from the original DKR were replaced with new characters.

My Overall Thoughts

This was a fun game when I had it. And even if I did still have it I still wouldn't be able to play it because I broke my DS. It really was a fun game, I played it all the time.

9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.