GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LightBike 2 (iPhone Game) review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'LightBike 2'.
Wed 09/03/11 at 22:20
"The Videogame King"
The sequel to LightBike. I actually had LightBike but I deleted it when I downloaded this game. It features network play and achievements, a new game mode called death match, and a new jumping and boost feature, plus special abilities you can earn by winning some races (I'm not 100% sure on that, the point is you can unlock abilities). The abilities include all boost, airturn, fast charge, protector and stealth. You can also unlock bike parts to customize your bike with by successfully earning some achievements. You can also earn two prizes by getting a perfect game. A bad thing about the jump and boost abilities is that they take a while to charge, but that's okay if you unlocked the fast charge ability.

Main Gameplay

The style of gameplay in this game closely resembles the bike races in the movie Tron. I've never actually seen Tron but I want to see the new version Tron: Legacy. Pick from two different stages, choose standard or death match mode, and drive your bike around trying to crash other bikes with the trail that you leave wherever you go. Opponents can crash you with their trail two. If you need a boost, you can click the boost button. If you find yourself trapped by somebody's trail, click the jump button (hold the button down until the bar is filled for a bigger jump). Their are some special abilities that will protect you from trails for a short time, such as the protector ability.

In regular mode, you have to be the last one standing in the round to get a point. If you lose that round, an opponent will get a point. Then you move on to the next round. This continues until you or an opponent gets three point and wins.

In death match mode, their is only one round. You and all your opponents start out with three lives. You lose lives by crashing, if you lose all your lives you lose the game. Last man standing wins.

Game Mode Thoughts

Standard - Both the game modes are fun but I usually like this game mode better. This is the ONLY style of gameplay featured in the original LightBike.

Death Match - When I first got the game it was exciting to know I get to play a new game mode. This is a very fun and cool style of gameplay.

Their both pretty cool and I don't have much thought other that "this is so cool" or "a great style of gameplay", so bottom line: they will not disappoint.

Areas

Stage 1 - This is a smaller playing area than stage two which is the reason I like stage two better. I do play in stage one, I just like stage two better. First-timers people may play it because they like a challenge, but being smaller doesn't make it as hard as you might think.

Stage 2 - The stage is bigger because it has more platforms to jump on and off of. It's great because if one area is crowded with trails you can just jump onto another area. My favorite area and a great environment for pulling off cool tricks with your abilities.

Abilites

I haven't unlocked all the abilities yet I don't think. These are the ones I unlocked:

Turbo Boost - Gives you a large boost of speed, can be dangerous if used in stage one because you could fall of the edge. This ability also gives you the freedom to zoom right through other bike's trails (or any trails for that matter).

Rocket Jump - Triggers an incredibly large jump. Could be dangerous if used in stage one.

Protector - Makes you invincible to trails for about a second. Great for quickly sliding through another trail.

Slow Down - Temporarily slows your bike down. Great for when you need to get out of a tight spot.

Stealth - Makes your bike temporarily invisible to other bikes.

Fast Charge - Allows boost and jump button to quickly charge again after you use them. I believe it lasts until the round you use it on is over.

Airturn - Allows your vehicle to turn while airborne. I believe it lasts until the round you use it on is over.

Double Jump - Allows you to jump again while airborne. I believe it lasts until the round you use it on is over.

All Boost - Makes all bikes boost

I believe there is also an All Jump ability, but I haven't unlocked it yet.

Sometimes I like to do tricks with the abilities such as using the Airturn, Double Jump and Fast Charge bonus at the same time to spin in the air, it is pretty cool.

You Won't Find Any Of This In The Original LightBike:

Death Match - In the original LightBike their is only one game mode, which is the standard mode.

Stage 2 - In the first LightBike their is only one stage.

Bike Customization - I don't believe the first LightBike had the ability to customize or change the color of your bike, LightBike 2 does.

Boost and Jump - You cannot boost or jump in the original LightBike...

Abilities - ...nor did you have those awesome abilities.

Graphics and Sound

The graphics of this game are improved from the first game, it said it on the app store description and you will notice it if you played both games.

The sound effects are great. The music in the main menu and during gameplay are electronic tunes.

My Overall Thoughts

I have had this game for quite a while now and it is still an awesome game. Very addictive and better than the first LightBike by a long shot.

10/10
Thu 10/03/11 at 01:38
"The Videogame King"
I unlocked the all jump ability before I submitted this post. I think it can be more effective than the all boost ability.
Wed 09/03/11 at 22:20
"The Videogame King"
The sequel to LightBike. I actually had LightBike but I deleted it when I downloaded this game. It features network play and achievements, a new game mode called death match, and a new jumping and boost feature, plus special abilities you can earn by winning some races (I'm not 100% sure on that, the point is you can unlock abilities). The abilities include all boost, airturn, fast charge, protector and stealth. You can also unlock bike parts to customize your bike with by successfully earning some achievements. You can also earn two prizes by getting a perfect game. A bad thing about the jump and boost abilities is that they take a while to charge, but that's okay if you unlocked the fast charge ability.

Main Gameplay

The style of gameplay in this game closely resembles the bike races in the movie Tron. I've never actually seen Tron but I want to see the new version Tron: Legacy. Pick from two different stages, choose standard or death match mode, and drive your bike around trying to crash other bikes with the trail that you leave wherever you go. Opponents can crash you with their trail two. If you need a boost, you can click the boost button. If you find yourself trapped by somebody's trail, click the jump button (hold the button down until the bar is filled for a bigger jump). Their are some special abilities that will protect you from trails for a short time, such as the protector ability.

In regular mode, you have to be the last one standing in the round to get a point. If you lose that round, an opponent will get a point. Then you move on to the next round. This continues until you or an opponent gets three point and wins.

In death match mode, their is only one round. You and all your opponents start out with three lives. You lose lives by crashing, if you lose all your lives you lose the game. Last man standing wins.

Game Mode Thoughts

Standard - Both the game modes are fun but I usually like this game mode better. This is the ONLY style of gameplay featured in the original LightBike.

Death Match - When I first got the game it was exciting to know I get to play a new game mode. This is a very fun and cool style of gameplay.

Their both pretty cool and I don't have much thought other that "this is so cool" or "a great style of gameplay", so bottom line: they will not disappoint.

Areas

Stage 1 - This is a smaller playing area than stage two which is the reason I like stage two better. I do play in stage one, I just like stage two better. First-timers people may play it because they like a challenge, but being smaller doesn't make it as hard as you might think.

Stage 2 - The stage is bigger because it has more platforms to jump on and off of. It's great because if one area is crowded with trails you can just jump onto another area. My favorite area and a great environment for pulling off cool tricks with your abilities.

Abilites

I haven't unlocked all the abilities yet I don't think. These are the ones I unlocked:

Turbo Boost - Gives you a large boost of speed, can be dangerous if used in stage one because you could fall of the edge. This ability also gives you the freedom to zoom right through other bike's trails (or any trails for that matter).

Rocket Jump - Triggers an incredibly large jump. Could be dangerous if used in stage one.

Protector - Makes you invincible to trails for about a second. Great for quickly sliding through another trail.

Slow Down - Temporarily slows your bike down. Great for when you need to get out of a tight spot.

Stealth - Makes your bike temporarily invisible to other bikes.

Fast Charge - Allows boost and jump button to quickly charge again after you use them. I believe it lasts until the round you use it on is over.

Airturn - Allows your vehicle to turn while airborne. I believe it lasts until the round you use it on is over.

Double Jump - Allows you to jump again while airborne. I believe it lasts until the round you use it on is over.

All Boost - Makes all bikes boost

I believe there is also an All Jump ability, but I haven't unlocked it yet.

Sometimes I like to do tricks with the abilities such as using the Airturn, Double Jump and Fast Charge bonus at the same time to spin in the air, it is pretty cool.

You Won't Find Any Of This In The Original LightBike:

Death Match - In the original LightBike their is only one game mode, which is the standard mode.

Stage 2 - In the first LightBike their is only one stage.

Bike Customization - I don't believe the first LightBike had the ability to customize or change the color of your bike, LightBike 2 does.

Boost and Jump - You cannot boost or jump in the original LightBike...

Abilities - ...nor did you have those awesome abilities.

Graphics and Sound

The graphics of this game are improved from the first game, it said it on the app store description and you will notice it if you played both games.

The sound effects are great. The music in the main menu and during gameplay are electronic tunes.

My Overall Thoughts

I have had this game for quite a while now and it is still an awesome game. Very addictive and better than the first LightBike by a long shot.

10/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.