GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"iPhone game review thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/03/11 at 00:44
"The Videogame King"
I have recently posted several reviews about iPhone games. I have searched for other games on my iPod Touch to make reviews of but the reviews would be too short to post, that's why I created this thread.

Post reviews here about iPhone games that you think would be too short for a regular review. Who knows, one of them may help me sometime.

I will post reviews here too
Wed 09/03/11 at 10:34
"possibly impossible"
I think it's the type of iPhone games you are playing that lead to small reviews. Doesn't help that you don't want to spend money on decent games!

Games like Dead Space, Real Racing 2, Infinity Blade and NBA Jam can give dedicated handheld gaming platforms a run for their money.
Tue 08/03/11 at 17:37
Regular
"How Ironic"
I can't move it. I'm not sure if it's possible to move a thread onto a different forum, I'll ask the staff.

*EDIT* You can thank Butch for that :]
Tue 08/03/11 at 16:10
"The Videogame King"
I understand what you're saying. Is their some way I can move this thread into the computer games chat forum.
Tue 08/03/11 at 15:54
Regular
"How Ironic"
Great enthusiasm SimGuy, but the review forum is really only for reviews alone. It's supposed to be a sort of database that users can search through. A thread like this really should be in the computer games chat.

*EDIT* Wasn't very clear. I know this thread has reviews on it, but if a user wants to find a particular iPod game review, they're not going to find it because it's hidden in this thread. I hope that makes sense.
Tue 08/03/11 at 14:49
"The Videogame King"
Cannon Blast Bill

Launch Mr. Bill out of a circus cannon and avoid getting burned, eaten by lions, impaled, falling or knocking into something. Tap the screen to fly, if your energy runs out, you fall. Collect food and drinks to refill your energy bar a little.

In this game you can play in story mode or endless mode. Now that I have completed the story mode I like the endless mode better. This is an addictive and hilarious game.

This game is also just one of the stories in a paid iPhone game called Mr. Bill.

and it's also a game center game!!!

10/10
Tue 08/03/11 at 14:41
"The Videogame King"
Waterslide Extreme

Slide down a waterside and collect green diamonds on the way down. Avoid crabs and ducks unless you collected an invincibility bonus (looks like a crown). Collect hearts for extra lives. If you fall off the waterslide, you lose a life. Lose all your lives, game over obviously. This is definitely not the worst iPhone racing game but not the best either.

8/10
Tue 08/03/11 at 13:20
"The Videogame King"
Zombieville U.S.A. Lite

This is only the lite version so their is only one level, three weapons and one type of zombie. But I find this game to be very fun and addictive and I play it frequently (just haven't that recently).

10/10
Tue 08/03/11 at 13:03
"The Videogame King"
Action Bowling free

A fun and realistic bowling game for iPhone and iPod Touch that I enjoyed very much, I still play it, just not as much as I used to. You can choose your bowling style (the speed and curve of your ball) or set a custom setting.

The controls are really fun because it's just like throwing a real bowling ball. Put your thumb anywhere on screen, swing your iPhone back, then swing forward and take your thumb off the screen.

A fun game with fun controls. I only have two bowling games (one of them is reviewed in this same thread by me) but I can almost easily say that this is my favorite.

9.7/10
Tue 08/03/11 at 12:46
"The Videogame King"
Strike Knight

Basically all this game is is bowling but instead of a bowling ball you slide a puck. They do have actual games like this, like in bars. This game was one of my favorite games on my iPod, I played it all the time.

The only type of multiplayer this game features (that I know of) is pass and play on the same device for up to 4 players.

You can also upgrade to the Strike Knight Ad-Free version.

This is a game I downloaded within the first few weeks I got my iPod Touch. I don't usually play it that often anymore but it is still fun whenever I do.

9.5/10
Tue 08/03/11 at 12:32
"The Videogame King"
Meowcenaries Lite

The lite version of the iPhone version of the [adult swim].com game. I love this game but it only has two levels. I'm not sure if the original game has this or not but in the iPhone game you have the freedom to name "yer kittehs". You are also able to choose between the game music or play music on your iPhone library.

This is a fun game, obviously with different controls than the computer version. I want to buy the full game or at least request an update with at least one more level, the game gets boring quick with only two levels.

9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.