GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Open basedir"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/03/11 at 16:26
Regular
I'm trying to install a Joomla extension and get the message "Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/sites/vip........"

Is there a solution ? In the config file, the tmp folder path is set to tmp and I've also tried tmp. I've also set the permissions to 777.

I think a while ago I installed an extension locally and the FTPd it up

I was hoping there would be a simple fix.
Mon 07/03/11 at 16:26
Regular
I'm trying to install a Joomla extension and get the message "Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/sites/vip........"

Is there a solution ? In the config file, the tmp folder path is set to tmp and I've also tried tmp. I've also set the permissions to 777.

I think a while ago I installed an extension locally and the FTPd it up

I was hoping there would be a simple fix.
Mon 07/03/11 at 19:10
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Your tmp path should be set to something like:

/home/sites/vip******/httpd/htdocs/tmp

I've just run through a quick install of 1.6 and then tried to add an extension. If you set tmp to /home/sites/vip******/httpd/tmp or just /tmp it will fail due to the open_basedir restriction. The path above worked fine for me.
Mon 07/03/11 at 22:02
Regular
Thanks for your help. I tried that and a number of other permutations. In the end I set the whole site to 777 and set the path to just tmp and it seems to have worked. I really thought I had tried that already. There was an error that flashed on the screen after installation, but don't have a clue what it said. Probably a file that wasn't copied.
Fri 25/03/11 at 00:43
Regular
Apologies Eccles. What I did a while ago must have been flawed although it worked.

The next time I installed an extension, I unzipped it locally and FTPd it up to the tmp dir. I set the tmp location in the second JOOMLA install option to install as you suggested but with the name of the extension add, e.g. ....../tmp/extensionnane and it works fine

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.