GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reckless Racing Free (iPhone game) review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Reckless Racing'.
Mon 07/03/11 at 01:32
"The Videogame King"
I'm really not into top-down racing games that much but this game is really fun. I only have the free version, but even though I only have 1 vehicle and 1 track to choose from (plus the practice track), this game hardly gets boring at all. I like playing this game while I listen to Pendulum music.

Vehicles

I have the free version, so there is only one vehicle to choose: a truck. I got the impression that in the full version you can drive a big rig, a rally car, a dune buggy and more.

Test Track

The test track can be accessed by pushing About in the main menu and pressing START in the tutorial tab. In the test track, you can learn how to control your vehicle and change and try out different steering modes: standard (there are steer left, steer right, gas and brake buttons), tank (there are brake, steer left and steer right buttons, gas is done automatically), tilt (there are gas and brake buttons, tilt the device to steer), half wheel (there is a brake button, a gas button and a half steering wheel that you use to steer by dragging your finger across it) and full wheel (which features a gas button, a brake button, and a full steering wheel which has the same steering method as the half wheel). You can also change the controls from the Options menu. I think that in some ways the test track is more fun than the race track!

Graphics

Although their is no external damage this game has some super nice graphics. A lot of the racing games I download from the app store do not have external damage effects but have some nice graphics.

Theme

This game has a country theme judging by the game music, the computer character names and even the description of the game on the app store.

My Overall Thoughts

A super great game with addictive gameplay and awesome graphics and also one of the several games that I downloaded when I first got my iPod Touch that I still play frequently. I can't guarantee it, but in my opinion I think that no one who downloads this game will be disappointed.

10/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 07/03/11 at 01:32
"The Videogame King"
I'm really not into top-down racing games that much but this game is really fun. I only have the free version, but even though I only have 1 vehicle and 1 track to choose from (plus the practice track), this game hardly gets boring at all. I like playing this game while I listen to Pendulum music.

Vehicles

I have the free version, so there is only one vehicle to choose: a truck. I got the impression that in the full version you can drive a big rig, a rally car, a dune buggy and more.

Test Track

The test track can be accessed by pushing About in the main menu and pressing START in the tutorial tab. In the test track, you can learn how to control your vehicle and change and try out different steering modes: standard (there are steer left, steer right, gas and brake buttons), tank (there are brake, steer left and steer right buttons, gas is done automatically), tilt (there are gas and brake buttons, tilt the device to steer), half wheel (there is a brake button, a gas button and a half steering wheel that you use to steer by dragging your finger across it) and full wheel (which features a gas button, a brake button, and a full steering wheel which has the same steering method as the half wheel). You can also change the controls from the Options menu. I think that in some ways the test track is more fun than the race track!

Graphics

Although their is no external damage this game has some super nice graphics. A lot of the racing games I download from the app store do not have external damage effects but have some nice graphics.

Theme

This game has a country theme judging by the game music, the computer character names and even the description of the game on the app store.

My Overall Thoughts

A super great game with addictive gameplay and awesome graphics and also one of the several games that I downloaded when I first got my iPod Touch that I still play frequently. I can't guarantee it, but in my opinion I think that no one who downloads this game will be disappointed.

10/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.