GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am moving on..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/12/01 at 14:28
Regular
Its time, for me to move on.

I am thinking about selling all my N64 stuff on ebay, and moving to the dark side, the PS2.

I will tell you why.

The N64 is dead, it has some classics that I still play like both Zelda’s Goldeneye (I bought my N64 after playing this game) Perfect Dark and many others.
There are still a few games that I don’t own that are classics but I have either played them and sold them on or something along those lines. I haven’t touched my N64 in weeks. This is when, I know. I know its time to move on.

All my mates have either Playstations or PS2’s so I am basically a loner. I don’t have any mates that will swap games, and when they come round I say “Bring your Playstation” Because I can adapt very quickly. Like, my mate has GT1. He has been playing for years and he said he was amazing. After a few laps on a track I have never played before I was like winning. Its not that he is rubbish, its just that I can adapt very well. Especially racing games.

So, if I got a PS2, I could swap games, and we could all sing along happily and dance :o)

The Playstation 2 has a load of good games. GTA3, GT3, Pro Evo etc etc I could go on but I won’t.

I need to play something different. Yes, I have a variety of games on my N64, FPS TPS racing games, sport, and hell I even have Yoshi. But I need something else, I need MGS2, I need GTA3. I need absolute classic games. Yes, Perfect Dark is a classic but I can’t play it forever.

The price. A PS2 with a few games is about £240 and the N64 stuff is rapidly losing its value. I need to sell it basically now, or I will get buttons for it. My N64 with 2 controls and Goldeneye set me back Just under £200. Now, I couldn’t sell my 14 Games 3 Controllers and My Rumble/Memory card for much more than £150.

If I wait. I will not get much back.

Everyone is talking about how great they are (PS2’s) and what good games are coming up for it and all sorts. I never actually played Metal Gear Solid but it looks mighty fine.

The GameCube. Its looks, to be honest, very good. But. Nintendo have a kiddy image right? But all Nintendo fans know that the games are far from kiddy. When I first saw Zelda, it looked amazing. Showing off some real power. But now? It looks all kiddy and crap. It doesn’t have any extra features like the Ps2 does. Well, it has a modem, and a DVD player. BUT only if you pay extra. With the PS2 it all comes as standard.

I never enter FAD because I know that if I win it will just be collecting dust, but if I got a DVD player. Whoa! Basically the PS2 is a big multimedia machine. With a DVD player, a Cd player. And it even plays old PS1 games. How good can you get? Very.

N64 games are hard to find, the shops ditch them. I can no longer go into a shop and look at the N64 shelf. Because, its just not there. The PS2 has a wide range of games, and plenty of them. With all those PS1 games aswell, I cannot get bored.

They are also cheaper. Well, sorta. But, with GAD I don’t ever have to buy another game, EVER! I am running out of options to choose for my win. I chose Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 and if I win again, what do I choose? There is only one game that interests me, Mario Tennis. Then, that’s it. I don’t have any more games to choose.
If I had a PS2 on the other hand.. I would have to win about 40 times for all my games that interest me.

So people. I am making my confession. I am going to the Dark Side. The Sony Side.

I still have to sell my N64 and buy a PS2 mind you. Which, knowing me, will not be till after Christmas. Or like in April or some rubbish long time away.

I will probably sell my PS2 and buy a GameCube when it comes out :o)

But for now Its time to move on.

Thanks for reading
GasMask
Mon 10/12/01 at 21:44
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I said earlier.

I HAVE NOT TURNED TO THE DARK SIDE.
I AM KEEPING MY N64. I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!
Mon 10/12/01 at 21:32
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
sure if you insist :)
Mon 10/12/01 at 21:26
Yeah man i agree the NES was so heavy, brings back good memories. Duck hunt and Mario of course, Seriusly the electronic boutiques have started selling old retro stuff like the Lynz man, they are really cool, mine was wicked with the game slime world, the graphics are wicked but mine stopped working, i dunno wether they have rereleased it as a new machine or something i doubt it. Anywayz if u want good game play keep ur old machines and go buy some more but if u want poxy street cred and nice pictures spend all your pocket money on the new stuff.
>Pete B
Mon 10/12/01 at 20:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I stupidly sold my NES and +10 games to make room for the SNES. The NES was a great console, but the stupid part was I only sold it all for £50!! I've still got my SNES, and I'm keeping that aswell as the brilliant N64! I really don't see how you can sell your N64 for a PS2!! Wait for the GameCube! Anyway, no-one wants an N64 anymore anyway, oh yeah Ebay, sorry I forgot. But the N64 is (and was) AMAZING!!! And the GameCube will be something extra special!! I'm gettin' one for sure, with no dissapointment!! And i'm NOT sellin' my older consoles.
Mon 10/12/01 at 20:12
Hi there,
Well i must say that i was in the same boat as you kinda when i sold my Snes to get money for my N64, i regret it because i sold my snes and paid out top dollar for the n64 and suddenly i had to start out with one game and its like erm now i wish i had kept my snes and just saved up and got the n64 when it was cheaper.
Nowadays i have a n64 dc and playstation, i have given up being a nintendo boy or wateva, i just buy games that are great, i am keeping my N64 even when i get a GC and probably X-Box, Mario kart 64 is just a lot of fun and a classic game that me and my mates will always have fun with, buying a PS2 may make u fit in with your mates more but peronally i dont see the point in having the same console as all your friends then you just play the same thing every time u get together, anywayz man i didnt read all the replys so sorry if i repeated, im probably not gonna folk out 200£ or wateva for a ps2 coz my mate is getting one and i will just borrow it from him.
Its up too you man but if i was you i would keep ur N64 coz its soon gonna be v hard to find and maybe actually start being worth more to game collectors.
>PEte B
Mon 10/12/01 at 20:02
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
GasMask wrote:
Super
> Mario Kart is the best game.

Naturally

I still have my SNES, F Zero is also as good as ever and Sensible Soccer is simply brilliant.
Mon 10/12/01 at 20:00
Regular
"You've upset me"
Tony_Blair wrote:
> not you man billy shank guy

Ahh, speaking from ALLLLLL your combined experience over ALLL of the forums.
Mon 10/12/01 at 19:21
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Tony_Blair wrote:
> not you man billy shank guy

Oh sorry. My mistake.
Mon 10/12/01 at 19:08
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
not you man billy shank guy
Mon 10/12/01 at 19:06
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Tony_Blair wrote:
> you diss me you diss everyone

What?!
Diss you? Where the hell did that come from?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.