GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"La Liga 07 Analysis"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/06/07 at 10:54
Regular
Well I have been watching Spanish football for a long time now and I have never seen such a fiercluy fought season in La Liga. Its usually a case of either Real or Barca storming to the title with little in the way of a challange. It is for this reason the sides have always done so well in the champions league. When the title is won half way through the season then you have the ability to rest players other teams dont.

However, not this season, for which the top 4 ... and then eventually 3 fought it out to the title right down to the last min of the last match.

Sundays matches between Real and Mallorca, Barca and Gymnastic and Sevilla and Villarreal were best watched, as i did on interactive. I watched all 3 matches at once and lead to one of the most exciting 90 mins of football I have seen this season.

Within secondes of the matches begining there was a shot on Madrids goal which hit the post and to be honest the keeper did not have it covered.
Both barca and Real knew they had to win their matches to win the league with Madrid coming out champions if both won on the Head to head rule.
So a grerat sigh of releaf for the catalunians when Barca scored first of the night.... andf another..... and another.... By Half time Barca were 3-0 up and Madrid had conceeded their first goal.

At half time it looked like Barcas title with Real down and Sevilla being held to a draw. The second half was a completely different story. With Half an hour left, and Barca looking at a 4 - 0 real made a substitution. Off came Beckham who was playing his last game for the Galacticos, anbd on cam Arsenal reject Reyes. On his first touch of the ball he nestled it neetly into the bottom left corner of the Goal. Diarra was next to shine with a wonderful header which the keeper had to push off the line, only for it to hit a defenders ass and go in. At this point Madrid was sitting pretty with the title in their hands, but just to make sure Reyes popped up again to seal the win at 3 - 1. Now nothing short of 3 goals in 10 mins would have given the title to Barca and Sevilla's title hopes went down the loo as soon as barca were 2 - 0 up.

The matches ended
Barca 5 - Gymnastic 1
Madrid 3 - Mallorca 1
Villarreal 1 - Savilla 0

So the champions of Spain are now Real Madrid for the first time in 4 years.

If you ask me after their poor form early in the season, and the effort of all involved to drag themselves back into the thick of it, Real deserved the title and I am glag they got it.
Wed 20/06/07 at 09:41
Regular
I know it seems mad. Barca were at about +50 and madrid at about +28. Just because of a game back in october where Madrid won, they win. Its mental!!!!

I think goal difference is a far better indicator of a teams ability as its averaged over the 38 games. Not just 2
Wed 20/06/07 at 00:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Sevilla were highly unlikely to win the title, especially when goals were flying in the Barcelona game.

It does seem strange to me the whole league being decided on head to head records, probably because I'm so used to the goal difference in this country.

Still, it was great drama, especially when Reyes came on and levelled the scores for the tense last 20 minutes. Barcelona will feel gutted, especially as their goal difference was far superior.
Mon 18/06/07 at 10:54
Regular
Well I have been watching Spanish football for a long time now and I have never seen such a fiercluy fought season in La Liga. Its usually a case of either Real or Barca storming to the title with little in the way of a challange. It is for this reason the sides have always done so well in the champions league. When the title is won half way through the season then you have the ability to rest players other teams dont.

However, not this season, for which the top 4 ... and then eventually 3 fought it out to the title right down to the last min of the last match.

Sundays matches between Real and Mallorca, Barca and Gymnastic and Sevilla and Villarreal were best watched, as i did on interactive. I watched all 3 matches at once and lead to one of the most exciting 90 mins of football I have seen this season.

Within secondes of the matches begining there was a shot on Madrids goal which hit the post and to be honest the keeper did not have it covered.
Both barca and Real knew they had to win their matches to win the league with Madrid coming out champions if both won on the Head to head rule.
So a grerat sigh of releaf for the catalunians when Barca scored first of the night.... andf another..... and another.... By Half time Barca were 3-0 up and Madrid had conceeded their first goal.

At half time it looked like Barcas title with Real down and Sevilla being held to a draw. The second half was a completely different story. With Half an hour left, and Barca looking at a 4 - 0 real made a substitution. Off came Beckham who was playing his last game for the Galacticos, anbd on cam Arsenal reject Reyes. On his first touch of the ball he nestled it neetly into the bottom left corner of the Goal. Diarra was next to shine with a wonderful header which the keeper had to push off the line, only for it to hit a defenders ass and go in. At this point Madrid was sitting pretty with the title in their hands, but just to make sure Reyes popped up again to seal the win at 3 - 1. Now nothing short of 3 goals in 10 mins would have given the title to Barca and Sevilla's title hopes went down the loo as soon as barca were 2 - 0 up.

The matches ended
Barca 5 - Gymnastic 1
Madrid 3 - Mallorca 1
Villarreal 1 - Savilla 0

So the champions of Spain are now Real Madrid for the first time in 4 years.

If you ask me after their poor form early in the season, and the effort of all involved to drag themselves back into the thick of it, Real deserved the title and I am glag they got it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.