GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conker Film References"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/12/01 at 11:21
Regular
Hello, fellow Nintendoers. Just wondering - how many film references are there in Conker?

Here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

The Matrix (Duh)
Saving Private Ryan
Alice In Wonderland (I'm flushing, I'm flushing!)
Clockwork Orange (Opening scene)
Sat 26/02/11 at 18:06
Evenin.........

We're up for a jolly around Worsthorne tomorrow morning.

Meet at the Hurstwood car park at 8:45am. ;)
We'll depart as soon as everyone has turned up :)

For those that have forgotten how to get from the M65 to Hurstwood, give us a call 07972 710 440 and we'll arrange a meet at J9 M65 at 8:25am
Tue 18/12/01 at 09:15
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
that bit didn't remind me of Half-Life, but the Tediz base bit did! All those laser trip wires, and enemies jumping out at you... Makes me feel like playing Half-Life all over again!
Mon 17/12/01 at 19:01
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Is it just me, or did the best where you had to swim past the rotating blades remind anyone else of Half-Life?
Sun 16/12/01 at 14:52
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> Whoever mentioned the last boss forgot to mention that it was taken from the
> film Alien. :-)

Also, the paintbrush and paintpot reminded me a lot of South
> Park characters...

A lot of the game reminded me of South Park (that's a good thing though).
Sat 15/12/01 at 22:30
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
oh, and invading the Tediz base (with all the laser mines, the pipes falling down and spewing gas, and the alarm constantly ringing) seems to me to be a Half-Life reference! Rare are too well knowledged in all this stuff!!!
Wed 12/12/01 at 11:08
Regular
"DS..."
The bit where conkers being chased buy yht robotic crabs, and he dives into the lift, when it go's to the view of the crab (going upside down and around in the cutscene) that bits also taken form aliens.
slik ~_~
Tue 11/12/01 at 22:40
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
and there was a star wars bit at the end
Tue 11/12/01 at 21:52
Regular
Whoever mentioned the last boss forgot to mention that it was taken from the film Alien. :-)

Also, the paintbrush and paintpot reminded me a lot of South Park characters...
Sun 09/12/01 at 12:32
Regular
I hope they put just as many film references in the Sequel. Hopefully they still have loads and loads moere ideas!
Sun 09/12/01 at 12:10
Regular
Full Metal Jacket- at the beggining of the game scaredy birdy says some lines from it and also when Conker thinks that beaver guys dead, that's like a scene from the film.

Gladiator: Caveman section when you go into the colleseum.

Return of the Jedi: The end scene when the Panther King turns round in his chair is mimicking Emperor Palpatine, also the tunnel that Berry and Conker walk up is exactly like the tunnels in Star Wars.

The Godfather: Bit in the club when you go to see the Weasel guy and he beats that guy with a baseball bat.

Bram Stokers Dracula: The whole beggining bit of the house section.

There are more, I just can't think of them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.